Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Merry December

Dear Fullmer Family,

Well another transfer has come and gone. I can't believe that it's gone by so fast. The day of transfer call is usually full of anticipation but it just felt like a normal day. We got on the call where we found out that Elder **** will be getting transferred tomorrow. We were both in SHOCK!! We were almost positive that we weren't going to be split up. But our ways are not the Lord's ways. It will be hard to see him leave, like every companion, but it will open up a new opportunity to learn more.

Things in the area are going well. ******** was confirmed on Sunday by ELder ******** and also %%%%%%% was ordained a Priest by my companion. It was really cool to see our recent converts doing so well. This Sunday we attended the Marathon Sacrament meeting and there were a lot of people there! This past week on two occasions at the store, a person came up to Elder and Sister ********* telling them that they are members and have been looking for the church. Neither of them speak much english so they asked if we could come on Sunday so I could translate. Both of them wanted to bear their testimonies so I interpreted for them and the both expressed how they felt so alone and wanted to go to church but didn't know where it was and were praying for a way to go to it. It just so happened that they found them in Publix (the grocery store) by their nametags. Elder ********* went up afterwards to bear his testimony and said, "This makes me want to go to the store more often." It was really cool to see how excited Elder and Sister ********* have been seeing the branch flourish. They're amazing people and do so much for us.

This past week has been really great. It's been a little disheartening while harvesting since all of the people we have been finding have either not been "there" for their appointments or they just tell us they don't want to hear from us anymore. Both my companion and I have been praying fervently for solid investigators and specifically a family to teach and baptize. We followed up with a woman who told us to come back to bless her home and when we got there her husband answered the door. He wasn't going to open the door but he told us, "I felt like I needed to let you in." We came in and the husband explained how he is a spiritual man but is not involved in any religion because he doesn't believe he knows where the true church is. We sat there as he expressed questions that he had like, "why bad things happen to good people?" and "how can I know what's true?" We listened carefully and when he stopped we taught him the Restoration to him and his wife. As we explained the Restoration and the first vision they both looked at each other and said, "Wow!" The Spirit was so strong and it was an answer to our prayers as we were led to that family. I know that the Lord lives and guides us if we only trust in Him and live according to His Gospel.

I love this work so much and I'm glad I still have time left to keep working! Time is moving fast but I need to remember that this time will never come again! I've been working my hardest and I still plan to do so :) If you ever feel like sending notes or letters of encouragement that would always be appreciated :) I love you guys so much and I hope you have a great week! Also, let me know if there is anything you want for Christmas from down in the Keys :) It's more available for me than for you.

Cuidense Mucho! Les Quiero
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment