Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve

Dear Fullmer Family,
Since Sam sent a lot of Christmas "one liners" as he put it, i decided to start my letter today with one... Here it goes.
What did Adam tell Eve on Christmas?............................... Merry Christmas, Eve! 
It's probably not very doctrinally correct but I thought it was punny.. Haha. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Well I still can't fathom that it's basically Christmas. This past week it dipped down into the upper 50's and everyone freaked out and said how cold it was! Haha. However, it's still not Christmas weather. Don't get mad at me, I'm not complaining about the upper 60's and sunny with a slight breeze from the ocean, but I miss the Christmas weather. But nonetheless it's a wonderful time of the year. It seems like everyone is so much more kind and offer to help others out. We went to the store this past week to buy some cough syrup and a woman came up to us randomly and gave us a hug and said, "Thank you for what you do! We try and do what you do for a couple weeks by spreading the Love of Christ but you do this all the time! It's wonderful what you do." It was nice to see someone realize and recognize what we are called to do. Christmas season is the best time of the year!

This past week has been a little difficult. My cough that I was talking about last week progressed into a terrible cold this whole week! I was basically shut in the trailer for 5 days straight... It wasn't the best week of my mission. It was difficult since I wanted to be outside so badly. As I was talking with the mission nurse, she said something that impacted me. She said, "It's hard to be patient when you want to be on the Lord's errand." It's true. I really wanted to be out helping others but didn't have much of a choice in the matter... Luckily I'm feeling much better! I woke up this morning feeling great so luckily I won't be sick for Christmas, and amazingly my companion has come through unscathed. Just a little sore throat. I basically was forcing Vitamin C down him all week long because I didn't want him to get sick as well! Haha. 

Well there really isn't much more to talk about... I don't want to share everything before tomorrow!! Haha. Come ready for questions or stuff to say so we don't just look at each other for 30 minutes ;) Be there Tomorrow at two!! I love you all and have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

con mucho amor y carino,
-Elder David B. Fullmer


Here are a few screenshopts of our Skype call with Elder Fullmer. He is doing well and happy to be on his mission.




No comments:

Post a Comment