Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Dear Fullmer Family,

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and that you had a very special day. For me it was a very nice day! After we stopped skyping we went to a recent convert's house for dinner and it was really fun! It was weird to just chill and not really do anything. It was a really weird feeling just not having anything to do. But that ended soon. This past week my cold lingered longer. I'm just getting over it. I called up the mission nurse and she said, "Elder Fullmer, you still sound sick... How long has it been? 10 days? You need antibiotics." So I got some antibiotics and now i'm feeling a lot better! 

So today has been a lot of fun so far. Since the youth are still out for winter break we went fishing this morning. It was really fun! I caught 3 fish!! 2 small snappers and then a pretty good sized black grouper. First fish I've ever caught!! I'll send some pics. Later on today we're going to play some basketball with the youth as well! It's a lot of fun out in the Keys!

Yesterday we were privileged to have a baptism. ****got baptized! She's 9 years old, almost 10 and it was probably the hardest 9 year old baptism ever. When I met her for the first time when I got to Key West she basically said that she doesn't want to get baptized so we didn't really know what to do. But we gave her some time and then went and saw her and had a really interactive lesson and it went really well. This past week when we went over the baptismal interview questions we were trying to think of something to do to make it fun and not boring. We looked at the questions and there were like eight and we asked ourselves, "What can we do that has eight parts to it?" We looked over at my melting snowman kit that I got in my stocking and it worked perfectly!! She loved it and we had a great time. By the way, she was wondering if Santa had any extra of those...? If you could get one, if it's not too much hassle I'm sure she'd really appreciate it. The baptism was really nice. Everything went really smoothly and it was nice. President Louchez is still out of town but even without him we got everything done. 

Well that's about everything from my end. We're really excited for this next week to be able to work without being limited by sickness. We're going to be working really hard this week! I love you all so much! Sorry for the short email but I just can't think of anything else that happened this week. Have a very happy new year!

Con amor, 
-Elder David B. Fullmer

The fished from the coast since it is against the rules to go on a boat. He also had lunch plans with a member and basketball with the youth in Key West. 

No comments:

Post a Comment