Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012 letter

Dear Fullmer Family,

What a great week this has been. My companion and I have seen so many wonderful miracles as we have been working so hard to help others be able to come unto Christ and receive the peaceful blessings of His loving Atonement that He gave us. This past week I did my best to try and teach the other Elders in my district about the training that we had last week about how baptism is necessary to access the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It was a challenge to teach it because there was so much stuff to get across to them but with the help from the Spirit I was able to do it! I learned so many more things as I taught it and internalized my purpose even more.

My companion and I left that meeting ready to teach our investigators the necessity of baptism, not to be a member of the church but to really be able to receive the forgiveness of their sins. We said that we would invite everyone that we teach to be baptized. That day we came home with eight people who accepted to be baptized on a specific date.

The miracles were incredible and it was one of the best days that I have had on my mission. It was solely because I knew what my purpose was. The missionary purpose is to "Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored Gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and Endure to the End." Before I thought I knew what my purpose was but as I've been studying more I've realized no one can fully understand completely what the missionary purpose is. The reason why is because of one word... Atonement. There always is more to learn and apply to become a more effective missionary and to come closer to Christ. This week I invite all of you to study what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is. I promise that you will learn a lot!

One of our investigators, and her daughter are going strong to be baptized this next Sunday. Her testimony is so strong. She shared with us this past week when she came into the states, about two months ago, she is the one who brought her husband, who's been a member for about ten years, back to church. She made him (who again is a member and she isn't yet) that he would do everything he could so that he doesn't work on Sundays. She is so strong and cannot wait for their baptism on Sunday! They’re starting to plan their temple sealing already and I hope it'll be in March of next year so I can come :)

Yesterday at church as we were getting everything ready for the broadcast of regional stake conference, a member came up to us with his non member brother who wants to learn more about families and our church. We taught him a short lesson and found out he has a wife and two kids who we will be teaching this next week. The Lord is blessing us in so many ways! It might not be when we are knocking doors but as we are exactly obedient to every rule and guideline, the Lord has promised to bless us immediately! (See Mosiah 2: 22-24)

That is so great to hear about Doug Carrell being in the Bishopric (Obispado en Espanol :) He will do such a great job. It's too bad to hear that the Peterson's will be moving... Do you know why they’re
moving? That's also really cool to hear about Peter Cooke running for Governor. He'd do a great job!

I just have to say I'm sick of politics! I can't wait until this election is over! Haha. The two things that friends aren't supposed to talk about are Religion and Politics. Our job is to talk about religion so to add politics in there just doesn't mix well :) But it's always nice to help someone understand that Mitt Romney isn't our Prophet and help them understand what we believe in. It was funny... The other day someone came up to us and said, "I'm going to be voting for your leader. He's a great guy!" We responded and said, "umm... he's just another member. He's not our leader." He said back to us, "How can you talk about your leader like that. Show respect for your Prophet!!" Crazy people in Miami.... I could write a book solely on the  crazy people that I've met on the streets here.

Recently I've been feeling a lot better. My stomach has felt a lot better... Minus the Ceviche that I had this past week which was a little strong on my stomach. Look up what Ceviche is... Also look up Mondongo Soup. Latin’s are crazy, but I love them!

I do have a question for you though... Lately I have been getting a lot of acne and I've been trying a lot of different creams and washes but nothing has been working well. I think it's because of all the
sweating that I do along with wearing a helmet (don't worry, I'll still wear it.) but I was wondering if you could ask a dermatologist or someone that would know, what I should use or if you could send me some stuff because it's bugging me...

Well I love you all so much! I love being a missionary and seeing they joy in other people's eyes when they know that it's true. There is no better feeling then knowing you are helping someone be able to access the Atonement and come closer to Christ! I love this work and I love being a missionary. My family is the best support that I could ask for. As we have been teaching more families lately I have realized how much our family has been blessed and how grateful I am for what I have been given. As I remember this it helps me want to help more and more families realize the blessings that the Lord has for them. I love you all and hope you all have a great week! Hasta pronto! :) Les Amo!

Con Mucho Amor,
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment