Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Transfer week- January 10th

Dear Fullmer Family,
Well this week is transfer week, you were right Mom, sorry Dad you were wrong. Well we got the calls last night and we found out that my current companion is being transferred and I will be staying in North Miami Beach. I'm a little disappointed because my companion and I got along so well and we were working really hard. However I know that everything will work out and that the Lord has plans for all of us. It will be interesting to see where he is going to go and who my new companion will be. I was hoping that it would be Elder ***** until I read Mom's email. I hadn't heard about him. That's too bad about everything. It must be so tough on him. I know that he's get through it and everything will work out. He's a great missionary but I'm sad he's going to have to go home.

This week has been pretty good. I've been pretty sick though. I got a pretty bad cold but 'm getting over it. My stomach is still acting up but I think I’m going to be going to the doctors this week to see what's going on inside of me... Sorry that I've been using my credit card a lot. There have been a lot of little things that I needed. Mostly medicine but also from TJ Max a jacket. We were riding home one night and we were both freezing cold! It was 41 degrees in FL! So we stopped in and bought a jacket. Haha. Don't worry, grandma hasn't stolen my card :)

During this past week we had a mission harvest where all of the missionaries went harvesting together at the same time. It was incredible. As a mission during a two hour time period we were able to bless 368 homes! It was incredible! Something that I have learned about myself is that I need to be more bold when I talk with people. It's just so outside of my nature but slowly I'm working on it and it's been hard but I'm getting better at it!

This past week we have been doing TON of biking. This past week we have probably gone about 150 miles or more on bike... It's been a little tiring. However it's great! You just feel more like a missionary going out on bikes everywhere. The other day I was out on an exchange with my district leader. We were going up one street on bikes and we happened to pass by a Krispy Kreme donut place where the HOT DONUTS NOW sign was flashing... The smell was so good that we couldn't resist! Haha. We needed a little snack. That's the down side of bikes, you get tempted by everything around you, well food wise anyway. Haha.

Thank you for the GPS! IT's been so helpful. I'm glad now because my companion is leaving, who is practically a GPS in this area, now I have some more help since I still don't know the area that well. It's a big area. 

I also have a question. I don't know if you remember a while ago when some missionaries came over to our house they had some paper which was like a 10 day or something like that challenge where they pick 10 names and fast and pray to see who is ready... I remembered that last week and I want to use it in my area. I don't know if you still have one or if Bishop DeJohn has one but if I could get a copy that would be lovely!

Too bad but the man we were teaching was not baptized this past Sunday... He hasn't been able to meet up with us because of his work but we're still working on it! We were able to set another young man with a baptism date though. He's 13 years old and his mom was baptized when she was 13 and now he committed to come to church this Sunday! He's awesome. He reminds me of Sam for some reason. Haha. Ohh yeah! I almost forgot. So this past Sunday we went to Aventura Hospital to give a blessing to this older woman I hadn't met. As I walked into the room she looked just like Grandma Teddy. Her hair was white and short and as I sat and talked with her it was like I was talking to Grandma. As I gave her a blessing, the Spirit was so powerful and afterwards we just sat there. Not a word was said but the Love of the Lord filled our hearts. I loved that experience!

Well that's all I've got to inform you on from this week! I love you all so much and I know the Lord is mindful of each one of us! Please keep me and my companion in your prayers as we have transfers this week! I love you all so much!

-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment