Monday, January 16, 2012

New Transfer 1-16-2012 and pictures he sent

Dear Fullmer Family,
 
It's the first week of the new transfers and there are many new changes! First of all my new companion is named Elder *****. He is from Cuzco Peru and has been out for about 8 months. He's so awesome! He doesn't speak English, well a very little bit, so I've been able to study my Spanish a lot! Haha. He was companions with another on of my companions before as well and he's just so funny! It's a big change having a Latin companion, ya know just with their customs and little differences but we're getting along really well! He's 25 years old but he really doesn't look like it. I'll try and get a picture to you soon. My last companion was sent up to South Bay, Stuart Fl. It's close to Orlando... Really far north!
 
Also I have been called to serve as the District Leader in this District. I'm super excited but at the same time I'm humbled. There are a lot of things that I need to learn and improve on but I'm excited to be able to grow so much this next transfer. My Spanish will improve and hopefully my leadership abilities. We have such a young companionship. Me and an elder in my district, were companions in the MTC and are the oldest in the District. It's weird being on the older end of the stick... But we've got a lot of energy to do the work and I'm so excited to see what happens this next transfer!
 
Lately I've been feeling a lot better. There are times when I just have problems with my stomach... It seems like my stomach isn't really digesting the food very well and then it takes a lot of energy to digest it. Therefore it seems like I'm really tired all the time. It also just hurts to sit down occasionally but it seems to be doing better. I'll be going to the doctor's soon I think. We'll see. but President and Sister Anderson know about what's going on. I haven't heard much about Elder ***** we came home. She said hopefully he'll be back this next transfer! I sure hope so! I'll send him a letter today.
 
We had a cool experience at church yesterday! A family walked in and is super excited to be there. The father is a member of a few years ago but was inactive for a while and the mother is not a member. They loved church so much. Apparently they were talking to a member about how they want to go to the temple! GOLDEN! She wants to get baptized and we will be meeting with them this week! Can't wait for them! Another investigator isn't really showing much interest. He is working a TON so he doesn't really have time for us. It's so hard to meet with people now a days because no one has any fixed job so when they find any work they go to it and work their butts off... It's hard especially in the Spanish area but we will still try and work with him.
 
The person that we blessed last week is still in the hospital and from what I've heard is doing alright. We need to go back and visit with her. I think we're going to see her tonight. She is a member of many years and her whole family are members. She loves the missionaries so much and it's always a joy to see her.
 
Thank you for sending me those awesome quotes mom! This past week I've been studying in Alma 43 when Captain Moroni, who's a beast, is leading the Nephites. What stuck out to me this time that i read it is how they came prepared into battle but the Lamanites were not prepared with armor. As they started to fight the Lamanites started getting whopped! However as time went on the Lamanites started to get mad and, as the scriptures say, "Fought like Dragons." The Nephites were getting owned now... But as Captain Moroni started to remind them about why they were fighting and what their main purpose was, which was their freedom, their families and their church. The Nephites started to have the Help of the Lord and were fighting for a better purpose. As I apply that in my life to remember what got me on the plane. What pushed me to get here and remember that, it will help me push through the hard times and soar. 
 
I love how many things we learn from the scriptures. They really are the words of God and every word can help us in our everyday lives. As we study, ponder and pray about the things we read, the Lord will open our eyes to the things that will help us in our lives. I encourage you to read the talk "We are doing a great work and cannot come down" by Captain Uchtdorf! :) It's so amazing!
 
Well thank you all for your love and support. I know that this is the work of  the Lord and I am so privileged to be a part of it! The Lord loves us all so very much. I want you to know that you are the reason why I'm here! My family is what pushes me everyday to go one more step. I know that the Lord is blessing you and is watching out for you. You are always in my prayers and I love each and every one of you!
 
-Elder David B. Fullmer
 






 


No comments:

Post a Comment