Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23rd letter

Dear Fullmer Family,
This week has been an absolutely wonderful week! I love the area that I'm in and the ward that I'm serving in! They are so wonderful to the missionaries and love the Gospel. I'm also so great to be able to
serve with my companion. Sometimes it's hard not being able to talk to him in English but it's really helping me with my Spanish. The other day I was thinking in Spanish. His English is getting a lot better as well.

Last Friday I got the privelige to go to a Leadership training, now that I'm DL... But the training was incredible. Anyways, as I went to the training my companion got paired up with one of the English Elders for the day. The night before he was freaking out saying, "I don't know how I'm going to be able to talk!!!! AHHH!!!" His English is actually really good but he has a hard time speaking it. He understands pretty much everything but can't speak it. However he had the help of the Lord that day and got through it. When I got
back from the training he came up to me and gave me a hug and said, "I'm so happy to be able to speak Spanish!!!" Haha. It was pretty funny. Mom, you asked if he went to the MTC in Peru but nope
he didn't! He went to Provo to learn English. Even though his call is for Spanish since he is serving in the states he got to learn English.

But everything is going really well in North Miami Beach. The family we are teaching, the one where the wife is not a member, came again to church yesterday and absolutely loved it! We went over to their house last
night and had a lesson with them. It turns out that she had the missionaries teach her when she was in Colombia but didn't want to get baptized if her husband wasn't there. He was here for the past 8 years
or so and she and the kids came 2 months ago. We invited her to be baptized on February 5th and she accepted! So to answer your question about what  I'll be doing during the super bowl, hopefully I'll be
having a baptism!

Being a District Leader is, so far, really good! I haven't had  a baptismal interview yet but I'll probably be having my first one soon! It's hard to do it because I don't have a car and it's quite the bike ride to the other areas. It'll work out though. My favorite part about being district leader so far is the training that we went to this past week! The head of the missionary department came and gave a training about the missionary purpose. This guy helped write Preach My Gospel! His knowledge of the scriptures and the gospel is so great! It helped me realize that I have a lot to learn. He gave a training about repentance and taught that "No one has access to the Atonement without being baptized." No person can be forgiven of any sin without being baptized in the church. He also said, "You are the only people in the world that can help people repent of their many sins." He helped me realize the power of my calling and the importance of the work. It was
a training that I really needed and I can't wait to teach it to my district this next week.

I'm doing really well and I'm so happy to be on my mission right now! There are so many miracles in my mission that I've been a part of that help me keep going to want to make a difference in the lives of
others. I love my calling! Even though it's the most stressful thing I've done in my life, it's the most rewarding by far! Thank you for your love and support. I love you!
 -Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment