Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year Jan. 3, 2012 and pictures he sent

Dear Fullmer Family!

Happy New Years to you all! I hope you all had a wonderful day and that the new year has started well! For New Year's Eve we had to be in our apartments by 8:00 so there wasn't much partying going on. We did have a nice meal at about 5:00 but other than that the night was pretty calm. Our air conditioning went out this past week but luckily it went out at a very good time! The weather has been very cool lately with a low today of about 46 degrees. It's been very nice!
We went sunrising this morning which was super pretty but it was also pretty chilly! I'll send some pics. I'm glad that I had my sweatshirt with me. But really it's been a pretty good week. Sorry that I am writing back a little later than normal. The library was closed yesterday so they switched our p day to today and we went mountain biking just barely and so that's why it's a bit later. The mountain biking was pretty fun. There is a course right across from the chapel. You wouldn't think there would be much but it was really challenging. Not much of a mountain biking fan but it was pretty fun.
Lately I have been a little sick though with my stomach. No one really knows what's wrong with my stomach though... Ohh well. Just gotta deal with it and work through it. I didn't go to a clinic though. I went to CVS to buy a few medical things but i didn't go to a clinic. Did the account say that i did? It sounds like this week has been fun back at home... painting. Fun fun! I'm glad that both BYU and Utah won their bowl games! That's good to hear!
Well our investigators are doing pretty well I guess... The family we are teaching all came to church on Sunday. The youngest son was making a lot of noise so they felt bad and embarrassed... Our ward doesn't have very many kids so it usually kind of quiet but it's not a big deal. They're just new and so we're telling them not to worry about it. The kids love church so much! It's awesome having investigators come to church! Another person we are teaching is doing well as well. We've only been able to visit with him twice this week and he just seems like he needs a little bit more time before baptism. He's doing really well though. We brought a member with us this past lesson and it turns out he went with the missionaries before like two years ago to teach him. They're both from Colombia so they got along really well!
This past week I had a really cool experience. So the YSA sisters texted us a referral that they contacted they other day. So a few days ago we went to follow up on him and give him a blessing. So we went to the address and no one by the name of ****** lived at that house... We were a little bummed. So as we were walking back to the bikes I had a feeling to knock on one of the doors on the street. We knocked it and a man came to the door. We introduced ourselves and I asked, "What's your name?" He said, "*****!" Some women like you talked to me the other day. Come on in!" It was a really cool experience to be led by the Spirit. I'm grateful that I was listening to the spirit and was willing to act upon the impression.
In my personal studies i have been studying in Ether 12 about weaknesses becoming strengths and I absolutely love what it says we need to do to strengthen our weaknesses. First we need to ask our Heavenly Father what our weaknesses are. Then we need to come unto him being humble and having faith and he will help us make our weak things become strengths. I have read those scriptures over and over again but this time they just stuck out to me.
Well that's about all I've got to say this week. I hope you all have a wonderful week this week and know that I love you all! Please keep me in your prayers!
Con Amor,
-Elder David B. Fullmer




No comments:

Post a Comment