Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekly update- February 6th- (11th month mark)

Dear Fullmer Family,

How are you all doing? Happy Valentine's Day! This holiday doesn't
really make any difference in the work... Haha. Well this week has
been a pretty good one. Sorry if my letter doesn't make much sense
this week. I've got a lot of things on my mind and it's kind of hard
to focus on what to write... However here we go!

This week we've seen some great things happen. My companion and I have
been working hard trying to find new people to teach. One day we were
knocking doors but couldn't find many people who spoke Spanish, which
was hard because I was the only one speaking because my companion
doesn't speak much English. However we said a prayer to find someone
that needed us and the next door we found a couple from Cuba.

They were on their way out the door and I had a strong feeling to talk
to them, so we did. They gave the excuse that they were leaving and
asked if we could come back another day. We asked if we could just
leave a blessing in their home and they accepted. We left the blessing
and they loved it. We asked if we could come back and share a message
with them and they said, "Could you come back tomorrow? No wait, we
can't tomorrow, how about the next day?" They definitely felt the
Spirit and wanted us to come back as soon as possible. We came back
and taught them about the Atonement. As we were teaching he brought up
his concern about how he doesn't like the cross, he believes that
there are a lot of things missing from the Bible, and feels like
Christ needs to tell us which path to take because there are so many
different religions teaching different things... He told us all of
these things after the closing prayer... I wish we would have taught
the Restoration lesson first. However we will be returning soon to
solve all of his questions! They're really nice people. It was funny, when 
we started the lesson we started to get to know each other. Like
always, they ask why I'm American and know Spanish. The husband lived in
Peru for a while and had stuff in his home from Peru so my companion
and they were talking about all of the stuff they had from Peru. Then
I pointed to couch and asked, is this from America? They all started
to laugh. It was a good ice breaker.

Last Saturday as we were riding home along the river and my companion's
bike broke. His gear like bent and doesn't work. So these past couple
days have been a little frustrating because we can't work like we're
used to. Hopefully it'll all work out soon!

So you were saying how many people were asking about how I was doing
and you said, "The Shirley's (they were visiting)" They moved?!? Since
when?! I can't believe that the Olympics were 10 years ago... Super
crazy! Time flyes...

Well that's all I've got to say this week. Sorry again for the
randomness of this letter. It's not a very good one. Hopefully next
Sunday we'll be having a baptism for the mom and daughter we are teaching!
Please pray for them! Well I love you all very much! Have a great week!

-Elder David B. Fullmer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment