Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas (December 26, 2011)

Dear Fullmer Family,

Merry Christmas! It was so great to be able to Skype with you yesterday! It was so great to see how great all of you are doing and how happy you all are. I love you all so much and it definitely made my Christmas talking to you all. Sorry but I dont think my email will be very long today... I pretty much told you everything yesterday that I would have put in this email. But I do have a few things to say that I forgot to tell you yesterday.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
Well one thing that I forgot to tell you is that last Thursday we had our mission conference where I was able to talk to Elder Reidhead. He told me some very great news. He first told me that the couple we were teaching in Riverside Park got married and baptized last weekend. Now their son was planning to get baptized yesterday. I'm sure that he did! He sounded like he was super excited to get baptized! I love the feeling knowing that someone I found ended up getting married! I was ecstatic! They're doing really well.

You asked some questions about the man who committed to be baptized. He has been taught just about everything, been to church 3 or 4 times, but just wasn't quite ready a little while ago. Now he is. He's about 50 years old and is from Venezuela. I'm really excited to be able to teach him this week!

So for the song at mission conference, we sang a quartet (Were You There on that Christmas Night) . It sounded pretty good I think...
Also at mission conference, President Anderson spoke and one of the quotes he quoted said,
"Not that which we give, but what we share,—
For the gift without the giver is bare;
Who bestows himself with his alms feeds three,—
Himself, his hungering neighbor, and me"

It was a very nice story that he told. Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year and I loved being able to share it with all of you! Please keep me in your prayers! I love you!
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment