Monday, July 16, 2012

When we do what we're supposed to be doing, the Lord will bless us!

Hello Family!
How are all of you doing today? I hope you're all doing really well!
This past week has been really great! I've learned so many things and some really great things are happening in the area. My companion and I are getting along really well and I'm so grateful to have him as my companion. Some days I really don't have much energy at all because of the non-ciliac no one knows problem but he's great and has enough energy for the both of us. He's really patient and just really wants to do his best always.

So this past week we had the opportunity to have Specialized Training with President and Sister Anderson. A lot of the things that we learned were the same things that we talked about at ZLC but it helped me a lot to learn the things again and catch the things I missed the first time. One of the things he shared with us was the talk by Elder Bruce R. McConkie about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It was the talk he gave right before he died. It was very powerful and I learned so much about representing Jesus Christ. The Specialized Training was from about 9:30 to 3:30 and then at 6:00 we had a meeting with the Stake President and President Anderson. We talked about the work in our stake and how we can improve. In that meeting I got kinda spiritually slapped and realized I had so much I needed to learn. These men know so much about the Gospel and compared to them I know nothing. However it was a great experience for me to take in new things and apply them into the work. That day was really mentally draining. We came home and just about passed out. Haha.

Yesterday we were also able to be around President and Sister Anderson when they came to speak in our ward and give a 3rd hour training about Mormon.org and missionary work. We were so privelidged to have them there. I learned a lot of things about how we need to recognize the blessings that the Lord has given us. President talked about how when our understanding of the Atonement increases, our own personal lives become less important to us and our desire to help others increases. However when our understanding of the Atonement remains small, our minds become more focused on ourselves and less on the lives of others. So as we become "at-one" with the Savior and his Atonement we move closer to those that are important to us and our desire to help them increases. I made the connection that that is why going to the temple is so important. It helps us put ourselves last. We are so focused on the Savior and others that we really leave feeling closer to others and those that we love. I encourage you all to go to the temple this week and I promise you that the problems in your lives will be alliviated.

This week we had the choir sing...Oh well, the ward choir enjoied the ward choir. Haha. On Tuesday night as we were leaving the Recent Convert class, ******** (a recent convert) was happier than I've seen him in a long time, and it's not like he's usually not happy. In the car ride he was teaching us these old Cuban songs and they're amazing! I can't wait to let you hear them. Yesterday in Gospel Principles the topic was on work in the gospel and how we need to be cheerfully doing the work. He started to talk about how the he got a job this past week in Walgreens cleaning bathrooms. He said that it's not the most desirable job but he's going to make the best out of it. He had such a big smile on his face when he said he got a job! He then told us that the bathroom's he's going to clean will be the cleanest that they can be! Haha. He's such an amazing guy! I've learned so much from him and he contiually amazes me.

Yesterday while we were at church a man walked in and told us he was taught by the missionaries about four years ago. He promised them that he would come to church and so he came yesterday. He was very apprehensive because he had heard a lot of things about the church. He loved President's talk and also the third hour presentation. Afterwards the other ward who meets in our chapel was having a baptism and we asked him if he wanted to stay and watch. There weren't many people at the service but he stayed. The Spirit was so strong and we asked him how he felt and he said, "Amazing. I want to get baptized!" We invited him to be baptized next weekend and he immediately accepted. Miracles are happening because of our hard work. Also we have an investigator named ****** that will most likely be baptized next weeked as well. Her two sons also want to be baptized. They're amazing! When we do what we're supposed to be doing, the Lord will bless us!

That's all of the time I have today, however there is so much I could talk about. I know that the Lord blesses us when we're obedient through ways we may not even see. Challenge the Lord and go to the Temple this week and think about the Why of the temple, every part of it. As you think of the Why, understanding will come. I know miracles will happen if you do so. I love you all and I hope you have a great week.
Con Mucho Amor,
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment