Monday, July 30, 2012

"I can't read or see but I know how to feel" July 30, 2012

Dear Fullmer Family,

How are all of you doing? First of all HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to SAM and GRANDMA!!! I hope you both had a wonderful day! This week for us has been really great! As a zone we had five baptisms and as a mission we had 39! So to end the month of July we had 141 baptisms. How incredible is that? The last mission record was 107... We destroyed that! Last July we had 50 baptisms as a mission. We almost tripled the numbers from last year! The work is definitely moving forward.

In our area we didn't have a baptism but the Sisters in our ward did. They weren't expecting to have one but we got a call from them saying they had an interesting story for us. So about five months ago, One of the sister missionaries contacted this woman on the street, or knocked her door, not quite sure, and tried to go back and see her but could never get ahold of her. However a day or so after she met them, two Elders who thought they were in their area but actually weren't knocked her door and taught her for the past four months or so. They called the sisters telling them that they accidentally had been teaching a woman in their area and she's preparing to be baptized on Saturday. They met and realized it was the same woman that she had found five months ago. How cool is that?!

I also found out something cool yesterday. So in the stake there was a Priesthood meeting for all of the Priesthood in the stake. A missionary companionship came with one of their recent converts. He saw my name tag and said, "Wait a minute... Elder Fullmer?" He then asked if I looked familiar, I sadly told him that I didn't know who he was. Well It turns out that when I was in my North Miami Beach, we had a leadership training meeting in Miami Lakes. As we were leaving the training, apparently I came up to him and gave him a card with my name on it. Long story short... He got baptized and now holds the Priesthood! How cool is that?!?!? Amazing!

Update on one of the families we are teaching. So the Mom and Dad came to church yesterday and loved it! They stayed for one of the baptisms that we had in the chapel, there were three that day. While the people involved in the baptism were changing they asked if anyone wanted to bear their testimony. The dad asked if he could. I was a little worried because he could get a little crazy and it was his first time at church but he stood up and bore a strong testimony. He said, "Well, I can't see very well and I don't really know how to pray, but these two young men came and knocked on my door and I came to church because I wanted to. I can't read or see but I know how to feel. I feel the love of God here." It was such a great experience for me! I love both of them so much! We've talked about chastity and they're working with the Bishop to be baptized. Such great faith! The word of wisdom will be the next challenge since four of the five items are being used on a daily basis :( However we feel like they'll accept it. 

So with my health problems, I got a call from a sister from the mission saying that I will be going to a doctor this week to see what's going on. Thank goodness. I received a blessing of health from my companion yesterday and hope everything will work out. 


Another investigator
 has been doing really well lately! He's been going to every ward activity and has been coming to church for the past three weeks. His best friend came up to us and said, "******** really is getting close. He's closer than I've seen him in a long time." I thank you all for the prayers in his behalf. It's only a matter of time :) 

Next week is indeed transfers... I can't believe it's gone by so fast. I hope my companion and I stay together because we get along so well together but I feel like I'm going to leave... Who knows? 

Well I love you all very much! Thank you for everything that you do for me :) This is the work of the Lord and I'm pleased to be on His errand. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know :) Sorry this letter is a bit short but I just can't think of anything else that happened this week. I know there is more but in the moment I can't think. Haha. I love you!
-Elder David B. Fullmer

Note from Mom: The zone challenge for this transfer is the Amazing Race. Each week they have been given members of the zone a different challenge. They will give out t-shirts to the members of the zone with this logo

No comments:

Post a Comment