Monday, June 4, 2012

Onward Christian Soildiers! June 4, 2012

HOLA! Como estais?! Haha. How is the great Fullmer Family doing? I hope and pray that you are all doing well! Everything is going well down here in Florida. We've had a great week this past week. We've found some cool people and went back to some that we dropped a while ago that are now very prepared for the Gospel and are look for a few baptisms either this week or next.

It's been very hot and humid here lately. The mosquitos are biting as well! However we're happy and all is well! Yesterday was Sister ****'s birthday. She is a missionary who's serving in the same ward as me. So I thought it would be perfect to make a cake (I haven't made one in a while.) So I made a chocolate covered strawberry cake. I made two rounds with homemade chocolate cream cheese frosting and put fresh strawberries in between the layers of the cake. Also, with that chocolate that you sent me for valentines that I never used to dip strawberries, I put chocolate covered strawberies all over the cake. It looked good and tasted even better. We had a surprise dinner at a member's home which was really fun. I didn't get to take a picture though so sorry... you can't see what it looked like... Also, Happy 51st Birthday Dad!!! Hope you have a great day tomorrow! There is a card in the mail, sorry that it won't make it by tomorrow but it'll be a little belated so that party keeps on going ;)

This week we've been harvesting more than ever, however our attitude has been changing. It's been harder than ever to get into homes but because of our attitude and our happiness it hasn't seemed that bad. It's amazing what attitude can do. This past week we had Zone Leader Council. I'm the only Zone Leader in the mission who knows how to play the piano and since this was my 4th one I didn't know what songs to play. I asked my companion what songs I should play and he suggested "Onward Christian Soldiers." I have never really played that song before but I told the Assistants the night before that I'd play it.

Well, Sister Anderson loves music when it's sung the right way so I decided that I'm going to play it how it's supposed to sound. The roof of the mission home almost came off because of the way we were singing it and playing it. I was all over the piano :) It was a great way to start the meeting and the Spirit was definitely present. The topic of the Council was about how we need to realize that we are called to diligently declare repentance. The sins of the people we teach are upon our heads if they aren't taught how to repent. He used a scripture from Jacob 1:19. There is always more that can be done.

We went back to visit one of our past investigators who came to church on Easter but hadn't really heard from them since. We went by and the husband was home so we sat down and just asked him some questions. We were talking about baptism and the reason for why we're baptized and he had some questions on his mind. He asked about those who didn't have a chance to be baptized, and what happens to children if they die without baptism and about heaven and hell. I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon that answers these questions so clearly. He immediately received a testimony of the Book of Mormon. He and his wife came to church, with his Book of Mormon in hand and we're having a family home evening tonight with them in a member's home. We'll be inviting them to be baptized on Saturday :)

This morning in my personal study I was studying the difference between the word "Savior and Redeemer." The second question in both the temple recommend interview and the baptismal interview is: "Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Savior AND Redeemer of the world?" I always thought that the two were interchangable but they obviously are different. The word Savior means to save us from something. In the case of Christ he saved us from our sins or in other words paid the price for our sins. But the word redeemer means to help us be like Christ. If Christ only paid the price for our sins, there would be no point for us to come to earth. If we only knew that the mess would be cleaned up, what helps us to stop making messes. If we only knew that the price would be paid, what influences us to live a better life. The redeeming power of Christ helps us to learn and be perfected in Christ. There would be no point to learning the purpose of our trials if we knew they had been paid for, they are here for a purpose. The reason for Jesus Christ is not only to bring us back to the starting line (without sin), He came to help us get to the finish line which not only is the Celestial Kingdom, but it is become like God. It was an incredible study which helped me realize even more the power of my calling. I am called to assist in this work. I am called to do part of the work that Christ did. My study was very humbling and I encourage you all to study the difference between Savior AND Redeemer.

Well I love you all so much! This has been a wonderful week, even though there were quite a few challenges. I know that the Lord is all powerful and all knowing. He knows what we need when we need it, however some things that we need are conditional on our asking for them. I invite you all to ask specifically for the things you need at this time and I promise you He will grant them to you when you need them. Keep me in your prayers :) Have a great week!

Con Mucho Amor,
-Elder David B. Fullmer

Here's some pictures of the Ft. Laud Temple and it's progress. We drove past it the other day and I snapped some shots, don't worry since I was driving I had someone else take the pics :) It's coming
along really well! Enjoy!

 





 



No comments:

Post a Comment