Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Weekly Update (transfer week April 3rd)

Dear Family,
Well yesterday we got the calls about transfers and finally nothing is happening to me! It's been about 4 transfers that nothing has happened to me but I'm very glad that my companion and I get to stay together for another transfer. The zone that we are leading is doing better than it has ever done before. We ended the month with 15 baptisms and our goal was 14. The last record for the zone in mission history was 9. As a mission we hit our goal of 100 baptisms and hit 106. It was incredible to be a part of that and see how much the Lord has blessed us.

I absolutely loved General Conference as always. This year there was a big focus, I don't know if you noticed, you probably did, on familes and contention in the family. The quote from President Monson in his last talk about ending problems now kinda struck it home! Also there was a lot of talks centered on the Priesthood and unrighteous dominion... I wonder what's in our future... but it was an incredible conference. I would love to talk about the 26 pages of notes that I took but I just don't have much time today... :( That is incredible how you were able to track down Mom's stolen phone!
However, I'm not really surprized. You've got Mr. Computer as a son.
Haha. Technology is incredible!

I'm pretty short for time today, we have a lot of work to do for transfers but I want to share a story with you. I love stories. So yesterday since it was the end of the transfer, we got permission from President Anderson to have a Zone Event during the day. We all came together and we started with a testimony meeting talking about how the challenge, (which was to give your very best effort and ask the Lord every night "wilt thou accept my very best effort") affected them this transfer. It was such a powerful meeting hearing story after story of the missionaries giving their very best every day. It made me proud! I cant' wait for this next transfer, we've got some cool things in store!

After the meeting we had lunch. So the plan was to have a bbq because the church that we were having the meeting at has a bbq. However you know that after we buy the meat and all of the toppings and everything, the thing wouldn't start. It had gas but for some reason it wouldn't light, I even asked a lady on the street if she had a lighter because none of the stores around had matches. Even with that, it wouldn't start. So we were wondering what we were going to do because everyone was hungry and it wasn't working.

So we went into the kitchen because there is a range in there so we thought we'd cook them in a pan. We tried to turn it on and... it didn't work. We pulled it out and it was plugged in and everything. Not gunna lie, i was frustrated. So I had the thought to check the control panel or fuse box, whatever it's called, and the only one that wasn't one was the range. We were in business! haha. We finally got it to work and your other son, no not the computer genios, no not the new assemblies chair, but the chef make 20 hamburgers on the stove! Haha. It was funny! Frustrating but funny. Haha.

Well I love you all so much and I hope you all have a wonderful Easter. I think this one will be better than the MTC.. I hope! I know that the Savior lives. He lives. I know it. As we come to Him in His infinite love He relieves us from the pain that the world causes. I'm so grateful for His Atonement that He so lovingly gives us. I wish I could understand more about it but everyday my understanding grows because it is through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that we are able to do hard things. I love you all and have a great week!
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment