Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter (April 9th letter)

Dear Fullmer Family,

First off Happy Easter! It's been one of the best one's that I've had and I hope you all were able to have a great day as well. It was a great day because we were able to have eight investigators at church. The other missionaries in the ward (sister's) brought six, so in our ward we had 14investigators at church. This has never happened in the ward and the Bishop is loving us. He told us that before transfers he was praying so hard that all of us would stay. He said, "I prayed to stay!" He loves us and we love him. He's an incredible Bishop! Needless to say, I'm happy I'm still here. I would be just fine if I finished my mission here.

Anyways, Easter was great! We kinda forgot during the week that we were supposed to sing in church, since we were super busy, , so we sat down for a little while to figure out what we were going to do. We
came to the conclusion that we wanted to do "Come thou Fount" but a version that isn't very common. There is an arrangement on the video, "Reflections of Jesus Christ" if you haven't seen it I invite you to
do so. Dad you will love it! So a member in the ward had the video so we listened to the song and decided it was what we wanted to do. However, we didn't have sheet music. It's a good thing I have an amazing companion who listened to the song, found out the chords and memorized it. We did that Saturday morning and got it done! He played the piano and I sang a solo. It turned out really well and it was nice. We performed it Sunday at church as the closing song. As we were going back to see our investigators a member came up to us, Brother  __________aka coolest guy in the ward, and asked if we could come to
his house that night for Easter dinner with four of his non member friends and sing the song there... Apparently it sounded alright. Haha. Of course we accepted since we didn't have anyone to eat with on
Easter. But before we get to that point there is a lot that happened during the day...

I'm going to rewind a little bit and talk about what happened on Saturday. So probably at around the time you were all dying eggs, My companion and I were Harvesting trying to find people. We weren't having much success in one area and both of us realized we needed to go to another complex close by. We went there and after a while we knocked the door of a great couple. They immediately let us in and we left a blessing with them. They asked afterwards if someone told us to come there and we responded, "No. We pray every morning to know where we need to be and we came here." He shook his head and said, "I have no doubt that God lives." The woman had a pretty major surgery the other day and wasn't doing well. We invited them to come to church for Easter Sunday and He readily accepted. She said, "We have someone
coming over tomorrow..." Then he said, "I know that this is much more important! We'll be there!" Guess what? they came! They absolutely loved Sacrament meeting! They stayed for gospel principles which was on the Priesthood. I thought it was a strange topic for Easter but it turned out great because while the teacher was talking about baptism The man turned to my companion and said, "Neither of us have been
baptized..." My companion smiled and said, "We can help you with that." We went over later that day and set them with a baptismal date for April 21st! They are so cool! We talked about the Book of Mormon and
they accepted it immediately! And above all... THEY"RE MARRIED!!! Miracles still exist! It's been a great Easter!

Oh yeah, the dinner last night. So as we walked up to the door, it smelled incredible, not the door but.. you know... We walked in and he showed us what's for dinner. It was Cornish hens. So delicious! So we ate with his co-workers. He's a physical therapist and travels all over the world as a keynote speaker... Kinda like someone in our home ward. We then had a spiritual message where we watched "He Lives" from LDS.org and then we sang the song. We then bore our testimonies of Jesus Christ and said a prayer. Very powerful! I wish all members would do this. It was so non compromiso, I can't think of it in English... not anything like challenging but that's not the word, I hope you get what I'm trying to say. I hope we get to do that again soon.

Anyways, I love you all so much and I hope you had a wonderful Easter! I know that Jesus Christ did rise again and that He lives! He loves us and is guiding us. I love Him with all of my heart and it is the greatest
privilege in the world to represent Him. I pray that I will be able to be worthy of this calling and to serve with all the energy of my heart to share this truth with those who stand in need of it. I love this work! I hope you all have an amazing week! I love you!

-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment