Monday, December 5, 2011

Transfer Week December 5th

Dear Fullmer Family,

Well as I was just finishing up my email it got erased so I get to write it again... Sorry if it isn't very good but I'm running out of time! gotta love technology!
 

Well to start off, my new companion is from a city in Utah. He has been out for about 4 months and has a lot of energy and I'm so excited to be able to work with him. I am right now in North Miami Beach and I love it so much! My ward that I am in is so incredible with a lot of loving members willing to do pretty much anything for the missionaries! I know that there is a lot of potential in this area and I'm excited to be able to help so many people come unto Christ!

It sounds like you've all had a pretty crazy week as well. The weather sounds pretty tough. I hope everything works out alright and that everyone will be safe... Especially my car :) I saw that the fence his the T! The weather here has been just about as bad as yours... 75 degrees and sunny... with a slight breeze. It's been horrible. So it's not so bad being in an all bike area in December. My area is one of the largest all bike area in the mission. There aren't a lot of them
but I'm glad to be in it. It's fun to meet so many interesting people on the street along with getting some exercise. It's going to be a great transfer!


Yesterday we were actually blessed to be able to have a baptism! He's an incredible man! He had been taught for about 4 months and has had a baptismal date before but as it neared to
the date he got scared. The same thing was going to be happening and when we came to see him on Friday he tried to back out. I had known him for about three minutes and I knew that he was ready! As we started to talk with him he said he didn't feel ready to get baptized. For some
reason I didn't worry about him not getting baptized. The Spirit confirmed to me that he is ready and to give him a push. As i prayed about it I got the thought, "if you don't push him, you will regret it for the rest of your life..." So I followed the prompting and gave him a little push. The scripture in D&C 82:10 came to mind and i told him that if he got baptized on Sunday the Lord would immediately bless him. He has to! With other stuff that we told him being guided by the
Spirit and praying to ask if he should get baptized on Sunday he asked, "What do I need to do to get baptized?" We got an interview set up for him that night and he got baptized yesterday by my companion! It was a great experience!


Yesterday we were able to got watch the Devotional and it was a great experience! I don't have time to really go into it but it was a very spiritual experience. We have some other investigators who I really love! They are a family of 6 and the kids are adorable. They've been having a really hard time financially so I don't think they'll have much for Christmas. We're going to surprise them with a Christmas tree tonight :) SHhh... I'm really excited for it! i LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!


It's cool to hear that Bob Wilkinson is coming to Miami! Unfortunately I can't plan to meet up with them. They would have to drop off the package at the mission office. I would love to see them but it's just one of those rules...


Thanks for the iPod as well... But there were only four songs on it... I don't know if that was the plan but they were great songs! I'm going to send it back home today and I don't know if you could put more Christmas songs on it? that would be great!
 

I've been thinking about Christmas ideas and some things came to mind...(He sent some gift ideas) 

Well that's all I've got here! I love you all so much and I know that this work is the work of the Lord! This is the season of giving and I love giving the best give of all! Love you lots!
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment