Monday, December 19, 2011

One week till Christmas

Dear Fullmer Family,
Well this week has been a pretty good one! It's so weird that Christmas is just around the corner! Thank you so much for the packages that you sent to me. The appartment looks (and sounds) more like Christmas, thanks to the iPod. I'm actually surprised how much i like the David Archie music. You know me too well. I love the song "Los pastores a belen" It's fun to understand music in Spanish. The cat and mouse song is also very nice! Thanks for sending the Christmas music!

So for next week "the skype party!" we'll probably be skyping about 5:00 FL time. I'm not sure what time that is in UT... but hopefully that'll work out. We have it all planned out with the Bishop so I'm really looking forward to it! I can't wait to see all of your faces! I don't know if it would be possible but could you set the computer up in the living room so I can see the tree and the village? That's something I really miss. Haha. But if it's not possible don't worry about it.

This past week in our ward we had a fiesta and it was so much fun! It was planned to start at 7:00 but it didn't actually start until about 8:30 which was disappointing because we had to leave at 9:00. However for that 30 minutes it was a lot of fun! We had about 15 investigators come! All of them pretty much showed up on time so by the time 7:30 came along we had more investigators there than members! Haha. It was fun though. One of the families that came we met the day before. We were knocking doors and we had one extra invitation left and we met this woman. I had the thought to ask her, 'Are you doing anything tomorrow night?" She said no so we invited her to come. At about 7:10 the next night, the night of the party, we got a call which said, "We're here! Where are you?" We went out in the hall and saw this family. They are such a cool family who loved the party! They want to come to church and have us come over to teach them! I'm really excited to be able to teach them.

The family that we brought the tree to... We haven't really been able to visit them much because of conflicting schedules but they did come to the party the other night and loved it! We're planning to see them tonight thought and so hopefully everything is going well with them!

We had something really funny happen last night. So as we were visiting a recent convert family last night we rode our bikes over there and put them where the missionaries always put them. However we forgot to lock them up... So as we were teaching them in the living room, the daughter said, "Who is that by your bikes?" The next thing I know is that my companion is outside saying, "Hey! What are you doing?" I'm grateful that I have him as my companion. He's a big guy! Haha. It was pretty funny but now we know that we need to always lock up our bikes! My companion was out of that door so fast! Haha.

Anyways, I love this time of the year. It seems like more people are more receptive to listening to us during this time of the year... (We're at the library and there is Nat King Cole in the background...it's now Christmas!) :) I love being a missionary! I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer and that he came and he will come again soon! I know that this gospel is true and that our family is forever! Hasta Domingo cuando podemos ver cada otro! Les amo mucho y no puedo esperar! Have a great Christmas week!
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment