Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Transfer week. October 18, 2011

Hello Fullmer Family!
Well last night we received the information for transfers! So here it is... My companion is going to be leaving... I will be staying. When we heard this it was really difficult. He and I have gotten to be really good companions. We have been working really hard and starting to see the fruits of our labors. It will be sad to not have him be there for the wedding and for the baptism of the couple we are teaching... Hopefully he'll be transfered somewhere close so he can attend. He's been in the area for just over 6 months and hasn't had a baptism. He's been working so hard and just when we're going to have one... He has to leave. It's tough... We find out tomorrow who my new companion will be and where my curent companion will be serving. Transfers are crazy!

So this week has been pretty good I guess. I have been sick still so yesterday I just realized I should probably get this taken care of.  The joys of a mission!

However on the plus side there have been many miracles that we have seen this week. We recieved a call from an investigator that showed up to church about two months ago who pretty much has been coming to church regularly but haven't been able to teach her because of her crazy schedule. However when she called this past week she asked if we could have a lesson with her. We set one up and man was it awesome! We taught her the Restoration lesson which was super powerful! Her desires to find the truth are incredible. By the end of the lesson she was crying and the Spirit was so powerful! She accepted a date for the 30th of October and then asked... "What's the date today?" We said it's the 13th and she responded, "God can get me ready in time!" It was incredible!

Update on the couple we are teaching. Well this isn't much of an update because they always have been this... AMAZING!!! They are so great! It's always so great to teach them and to help them along this path. This past Sunday they brought their son (who is 16 years old) to church and he loved it! The father just wants to invite everyone he knows to church! They're incredible. Sometimes I forget that they're not even members.

This past week we had a fiesta at the church where we had food from every different country that is in the branch. Not many places in the world can you have a branch of about 70 members be from about every single country in South America! It was incredible! The Gringo missionaries decided to represent America by making cupcakes in the form of the American Flag... Just guess who's idea that was ;) It turned out to be pretty cool! (pictures are posted on the blog) It was a great night. We had a lesson with the couple we are teaching beforehand and one concern that they had was that they didn't feel part of the Branch yet... I said to just give it some time and they'll fit right in. That night at the party they did just that. They were part of the branch! Also at the party I got to use my EMT skills where someone was eating just a little to fast all the food and started choking... Used the Heimlich and he was just fine :) It was a great night.

Well unfortunately the woman investigator we are teaching didn't find a job... She didn't end up reading... I was a little frustrated but now we're just wondering what we can do for her. Her life is so crazy and it's just not one of her top priorities.. It's sad to see but we'll keep praying and helping her along. She will get baptized I just don't know when...

Well the weather channel is right! It's been raining a lot lately! Luckily I love the rain! We having (haven't??)  been riding bikes much lately so it hasn't been much of an issue. But it's always nice going to sleep when it's raining. That's cool that David Jensen's home! I can't believe how fast that went by! How's he doing? I haven't received any of the packages yet... However I'm looking forward to them :) The picture over the mantle looks really nice! I'm a fan... Not saying it was my idea or anything... but it was :) Yeah... I think you should wait to come to Florida until I get back from my mission. I'm sure the cruise would be a blast... But I'm a little selfish :) Haha. Good luck Stephen and Amy on Friday! I know that you're doing the right thing and that the Lord will help you through everything! I'll be thinking about you! I love you both!

I really liked how you (Mom) talked about how people have suffered for standing up for Jesus Christ. I was reading in an Ensign earlier this morning about the persecution that the apostles had for preaching about Jesus Christ. However they continued to do what they knew was true. Everyday we deal with persecution and people who don't believe or don't want to believe but as we remember why we are doing what we're doing and who we are representing, it doesn't matter what others say. We are doing the work of the Lord and trials will come.

I really like the scripture in Helaman 5:12. "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

If we are based in Christ, we cannot fall! Even though trials will come. We won't fall. However, when we forget that He is with us. When we forget that we are doing His work. When we forget that we are His representatives, we don't have that promise. That is why it is so important to bear testimony. When we share what we know, we remind ourselves of what's important. When we speak with the power of the Spirit, it teaches us constantly the things that we know are true.

I love the scripture in Matthew 16 :25 that says, "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." I hope that I can continually improve to be worthy to serve Jesus Christ and to always to my best to follow Him. He is the way, the truth and the light! When we take the steps into the dark not knowing what will happen. He is our light and we can know that He is guiding our steps even when we might not know where to go next. As we continually obey His commandments and seek for His guidance, we have His promise that we will not fall. I know that this is His work and that He is my light. I love this work and am so excited to help others daily to recognize His hand in their lives. I love you all so very much! Thank you for your prayers and your love!

Fullmer Family Forever!
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment