Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24th letter

Dear Fullmer Family,

Well this past week I got a new companion. I am now with a companion from Show Low, Arizona. He has been out for just under 11 months and is the new district leader. His last area was an English speaking area where he served for the past 7 months. So it's new for him to be speaking and teaching in Spanish again. However he's definitely improving! He's a great Elder and I know that we're going to be working well together. My last companion was transferred to the Piquena Havana (Little Cuba) in Miami where he started his mission. Hopefully he'll enjoy it. I did happen to see the Elder (I went to school with) at transfer meeting. He's doing well. Thank you for the package that you sent to me with the tie and music. It was great to get! I'm looking forward to the Halloween package.

This last week has been a little tough as well, not gunna lie. I wish I could say I wasn't homesick on Friday but I was a little bit. (His older brother got married in Salt Lake).  However it's over now and I can get back to work. Also in the month of October there is a goal for the mission to have 100 baptisms. President Anderson said that every companionship must baptize! I was thinking that the couple we are teaching were going to get baptized this next week but they said that they're not going to be... It's frustrating because I've been doing all that I can to get a baptism but I just can't get one... I just don't want to feel like a failure you know? It's been tough... Everyone around me seems to get baptisms really easily but whenever anyone gets close, from my investigators, something happens... It's just part of the mission though... However there still is hope for one of our new investigators. We haven't taught her in more than a week but we're planning to teach her in about 20 minutes. Hopefully she can still get baptized on Sunday. We'd have to teach her a lot of things but we'll see.

Well the wedding sounded very nice! I'm very happy for both Stephen (Steve? Since when?) and Amy. They're going to be so happy together and I'm very happy for them. I'm glad to hear the Joe is still going strong. Pacific Rim Chicken sounds pretty good! I'm sad that I couldn't have been there but that's alright. I'd be more sad if I wasn't out here where I'm supposed to be. So where are they going to be living? I'm glad that I don't have to worry about that stuff right now... I'm glad that I've got time.

I have been feeling a little bit better... Not a lot though. I'm pretty sure it's not Salmonella at least I hope it's not! Haha. The weather here has been really nice. The mornings have been cool which is odd in Florida. But I'm glad the heat is gone for the most part.

It was great to hear that Elder Jensen is doing well. Sorry that the bishop kept saying my name instead... Haha. He's a great guy and I'm happy for him. It's been quite some time since I've seen him! Haha. With time to go!

Well I'm almost out of time! I know that the Lord strengthens us in our trials and helps us along the way. Like Dad said, "Trust in the Lord, and lean not unto thine own understanding." He knows better than we do. We need to trust in Him and He will lead us to the places we need to be. It's hard not having a lot of success in numbers. I don't like the numbers game but as we work our hardest the Lord is pleased with what we have done! I love you all and miss you all so much! Have a great week.
-Elder David B. Fullmer

P.S. Sam, you need to get a haircut!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment