Monday, October 31, 2011

I Believe in Miracles 10-31-2011

Dear Fullmer Family,

Well I am just so excited to tell you about this past week that I had. It was AWESOME! But first I'm going to take you back to last week. So last Monday as you can remember I was pretty disappointed that I wasn't going to baptize in October. In President's email he said that if you worked as hard as you could, praying and being exactly obedient, you will baptize in October. I took that as I'm not doing my best or whatever and was a little frustrated.

However as the week went on, Satan was really working on me saying that I'm not good enough and that I'm not a good missionary... So on Wednesday I decided to talk to one of my Zone Leaders about everything. It felt good to just let everything out and he told me that I have a lot of things to be proud about. He was telling me about my area before I came in and how there really wasn't anything and we have 6 investigators with a baptismal date.

It reminded me of the story in Alma 8 when Alma goes into the city of Gideon. No one wanted to listen to him and as he was leaving an angel came to him and said, "Lift up thy head and rejoice, for thou hast great cause to rejoice." It was kind of the same thing. Then my Zone leader said to not give up on baptizing in October... there's still time. So as I left with new spunk and a new energy about things we went to our appointments.

That night we visited with one of our investigators and I had the feeling to have a small testimony meeting with all of her kids. They all bore their testimonies and then she bore hers. It was one of the most powerful testimonies that I had heard. At that time I knew that something would happen so she would get baptized this Sunday. I didn't know how but something would happen! As we left, I sent a text out to all of the zone seeing if they would include her in their prayers so that she could get baptized this Sunday. The next day as we were weekly planning, there is a section entitled, "Set goals and make plans for people to be baptized in the coming week." As we were sitting there thinking about how she would be able to be baptized on Sunday, because she had to work, we got a call. DUN DUN DUN! The caller was one of the members in the branch presidency. He called and said that he was talking to a woman who needed two people to work with her Mondays through Fridays. He wanted her number. We gave it to him and we couldn't wait to go see her. She had work that day so when she got home we ran over there telling her the good news. We called the woman and she got the job! I couldn't believe what was going on! We got down on our knees and thanked Heavenly Father for this huge miracle. 

However, even though she got the new job it wasn't easy making sure everything happened. Satan was working his hardest to get her from stepping into that water. On Friday night we went over to visit her and to make sure everything was good so she could come to her interview on Saturday morning. She said that she had to work and couldn't make it... We called the AP's to see what their plans were like for Saturday afternoon and they were booked. They asked if they could come over and do it right then. They came over and did the interview and she needed to have a second interview with one of the mission presidency... She had the interview Saturday night and she PASSED!!! As we were planning the Baptismal program I asked her who she wanted to baptize her and she asked me if I could do it. I was so happy to be able to baptize her! She's the first person that I've ever baptized! 

Well she got baptized yesterday and it was an incredible day! It was stressful getting everything ready but when the baptism started I knew that it was time for her to be baptized. I've learned a lot this week. I learned that the Lord really does have a plan for each person individually. There is a reason why she couldn't find a job before. She wasn't quite ready to be baptized yet... Now she is. Seeing her walk into the font was one of the most joyful moments of my life. And being a part of this huge step in her life has really strengthened my testimony and made me learn more about what my purpose as a missionary really is. I know the Lord watches us and He knows when things are supposed to happen. We might not know how or when, but He does. 

Thank you so much for the Halloween package! It was so much fun! The cookies were a little crumbly but they were delicious! I haven't opened the cheese balls... I'm a little worried to eat them. Haha. 

Just to let you know, I've been feeling a lot better. Still a little sick now and then but it has improved quite a lot. I'm glad that Stephen and Amy are doing well. Did they go on a honeymoon? You asked which wedding was harder to miss, Whitney's or Stephen's? That's a tough question because they were both tough but I think that Whitney's was because I was still fresh away from home and still getting used to things. 

About Facebook Friends? Add Mickey! They're doing really well. Hoping to get them married and baptized next week! So tonight being Halloween, we have to be in our apartments by 7:00... No trick or treating for us. My companion has never been trick or treating in his life... His mom wasn't a fan of Halloween. Haha. So I guess it's not going to start tonight... I can't believe that my friend from high school has been out a year already! I write him quite frequently. He's doing really good. I just wrote him last week! I can't believe that my 8 month mark is on Wednesday. It's flying! 

Well I'm about out of time but I know that the Lord is continually watching over us and that He is performing miracles daily. Miracles truly never cease! This week has been the best week of my mission by far! There is no greater joy than helping others come unto Christ! I love this work! I know that there are hard times just like Alma in Alma 8, but as we go back "speedily"( Alma 8:18) the Lord prepares a way to make miracle happen. I love you all so much! 
-Elder David B. Fullmer

P.S. I'm going to try and send some pictures from the baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment