Monday, October 10, 2011

October 10th letter

Dear Fullmer Family,
Well this week has been another great one! There have been some ups and some downs but it has really been great! I can't believe that this transfer is almost over. It just seems like it just started. I've been thinking about it some but I have a feeling that I'm going to be transfered. I don't know why because my companion has been here for 4 transfers but I just think I'm gunna get transfered. We shall see though. It was great to hear about what's going on at home and how everyone's doing. It always make me glad to hear from everyone... Hint hint Sam... :) Everything here has been good for the most part.

Well something that I've really learned this past week is the importance of reading in the Book of Mormon. As we were thinking about how we could help one of our investigators, both my companion and I had a feeling to just read the Book of Mormon with her. She hasn't really had much education and can't read very well but she can still read, just very slowly. So this past week we went over there about 4 times and just read with her. The first time we went over she was so stressed about what she should do with her family and everything and we asked if we could have a lesson with her. She was a little hesitant but she agreed. We told her that she was going to read and she said, "I can't." I told her, "I know you can. Now show me." As she started to read, you could see her face light up and her faith increasing. It's been incredible. At the end of the lesson she said, "Thank you so much for coming. I was so stressed but now I'm not worried. I know everything will work out." I said that this is the power of the Book of Mormon. We only read about 5 verses that day but it made a difference. Her reading abilities have increased this past week and it's so great to see her read. As I was praying before bed on Friday night I was asking what more can we do for her. I received a distinct impression that if she read every single day on her own, and prayed multiple times throughout the day for a new job she will find one on Monday. I've never extended a promise like this before but I was pushed by the Spirit to say it. As I promised this to her on Saturday, the Spirit testified again to me that it's true. I hope she read and prayed and I know that if she did she'll find a new job today. I love being a missionary!

Now it's time to talk about the couple we are teaching who are not married. They are amazing! They told us last week that they want to get married but they want to save up to have a nice big wedding. We don't want them to have to wait for these blessings any longer because they are waiting for them. We had a lesson this past week on Temples and the Priesthood. We told them that Families are meant to be eternal and through Temples and the Sealing powers your family can be forever. We suggested having a civil ceremony quickly, get baptized, and save up for a big party when they get sealed in the temple in a year. They said they'll think about it and told us yesterday that it's something they want to do! They talked with a member in the ward who can marry them and in the meeting I was just soooo happy!!! They were in love and I knew that this is what I'm supposed to be doing. He's going to talk with his boss today to see when he can get work off so he can get married. I hope I don't get transfered! Or I hope that it's before transfers! After the meeting, the man we are teaching came up to me and asked, "Will you baptize me the day after I get married? Can you do that?" I couldn't help but give him a hug and say I'd be happy to! If they're the only people I baptize, my mission would be a success. They are so ready and so willing to follow God's commandments! I love them so much!

Well this week has been pretty crazy weather wise. There were a few days where it was just dumping rain! It's fun! I like it, when i'm in the appartment. We've used up a bunch of miles so far so we're going to have to used our bikes more. Hopefully we don't get caught in the rain... Thanks for checking on my scriptures. I'm going to think about it... I've got memories with those scriptures and I don't know if I want them replaced... About the cover, I don't need one. My companion took the boxes from the scriptures and made be a box for them. It's got family pictures on it and I really like it. I'll send a picture of it next week.

Speaking of Family Pictures... If it's not too much of a trouble, it would be nice to have it framed :) Dad! You need to take piano lessons. Period. But since no one is using the piano, could you also send me some Jon Schmidt sheet music. Maybe the christmas one and the hymns one? I need to get a jump on christmas. I don't really get a lot of time to jam out but sometimes I do.

Ohh ya. This week was also a sister in our mission's birthday. She made me a cake for my birthday so I thought, "I'm going to make her a cake..." You know me, whatever chance I have to bake, I take it! It was an awesome cake! Chocolate with homemade cream cheese chocolate frosting with strawberries on top and inside. Man it was good. We had a surprise party for her at the Branch President's home. We got her good! Haha.

One more thing. Yesterday in church they announced that John Livingstone was going to come to our stake and give a seminar on marriage. You should talk to him Mom and maybe I can tell him hi! Haha.

Well that's about all the time I have today. I love this work and it's so amazing being able to be apart of miracles. There is no greater joy than helping someone change their life to follow Jesus Christ. I absolutely love it! I love you all so much and I pray for you daily. Please keep me in your prayers! I know the church is true and that we are on the Lord's errand.

With love,
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment