Monday, June 27, 2011

To 11th Ward Young Men - 27 de Junio, 2011

Dear 11th Ward Young Men,
How are all of you? I hope you are all doing fantastic. Thank you for your letters and for the package of goodies that you sent. I loved them so much! 


I just wanted to share a couple of experiences that I've had on mu mission. The first one I'd like to share with you is when I came to Florida from the MTC. I remember sitting on the plane, flying over Florida and a feeling of doubt and fear came over me. I had thoughts of just turning around and going home. I didn't know what I'd be doing, where I'd be living, who my new companion would be or multiple things... I sat in my seat scared for what was about to come. I said a prayer in my heart asking for help. I had a distinct impression to open my scriptures and read. I opened up to 2 Nephi 32: 1-3. I invite you to read these verses right now. It was written just for me. It says, "I suppose that ye ponder somewhat in your hearts concerning that which ye should do after ye have entered by the way." That was exactly what what I was feeling. It answered saying pretty much, Don't worry about it. The verse then says to do something. It says, "Feast upon the words of Christ... for (they) will tell you all things what ye should do."  There is a power in the scriptures. It's so important that we read every day because our lives are different everyday and different scriptures will testify different things determined by our different circumstances. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon being the word of God!


The second experience that I'd like to share with you is when our Branch had a Father's Day party. Two days before this party was transfers. My trainer left to go home because he finished his two years. His Spanish was perfect! Mine however is not... I've been in Florida for 6 weeks expecting to get a companion who had only been out for about 2 months more than me. I was worried because the members would be coming to me to talk to and I didn't know Spanish very well. However, I remember not being afraid. I was able to understand every word that they told me. The only way that was possible was through the Spirit. Along with understanding, I could speak. I spoke the best Spanish that I ever have before. I have a testimony of the gift of tongues. It is real and I have witnessed it's power and help in my life. I don't speak fluently or understand everything all the time, but in times when we need help, a lot of help, the Lord is there willing to help us. If we only put our trust in Him, He will guide us. I encourage all of you to prepare to serve a mission. Prepare now! Decide now! And be ready. You will feel the Lord teach and strengthen you if you do. I promise you! 


Thank you again for the letters and the love that you've sent to me! I appreciate them so much. I wrote each of you a little thank you card, it's not much but it's what a missionary can do Ha Ha! I wish I could fly all of you out here and have you experience what I have been able to experience! It's incredible. I guess a little card is all I can do! Ha ha


I have a favor to ask of you... Well, a missionary loves ties. I was just wondering if you could send me a few ties. I have a few, but when you get to wear a tie everyday, the ones youv'e got gets pretty boring! Ha ha Also I would be able to remember all of you as I teach in Florida. I would absolutely love it if you could do that! You are the best! (I miss the 11th ward!) Keep going strong and prepare to serve a mission! 
I love you all!
Con Amor
Elder David B. Fullmer 

No comments:

Post a Comment