Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20, 2011- First week of Transfer 2

Dear Family,
 
This week has been a great week! Very, very different and very unexpected things happened. However it's been very spiritual and I've learned so much. 
 
First of all let me tell you about my new companion. He's from Colorado. He has 6 brothers (2 of which are step brothers). He lives on a ranch, I think, because He has 7 horses. He's been out in Florida for about 4 months... we're a very young companionship... He's got such a great attitude and work ethic and I know I'm going to learn a lot from him. 
 
Mom you had a question about another missionary who went home. It's very sad. I don't know exactly why but he's not in Florida anymore. I think another one from my MTC group also went home and another who went home for medical reasons. A mission is very difficult. 
 
This past week we've had some tough things to go through. Our investigator did not get baptized unfortuneately... He said he wasn't ready quite yet and picked a new date for the 16th of July. It's kind of a long ways away but hopefully he'll be ready by then. 
 
Also with a new companion it is very difficult to change little things that we did with our old companions ya know... However we're working through them and working hard to establish our own success. I've definitely stretched a lot this week. I've been forced to speak Spanish which has helped me learn so much. 
 
We had a branch party on Friday night for Father's Day, or el dia de los padres. Feliz dia de los padres Dad! Anyways, at the party somehow I was able to speak really well. Also I could understand everything that people would say to me. It was a very momentous occasion for me where I feel like I bonded with the branch. We played musical chairs, which I won :) Soccer or Futbol, a relay race and just ate food. I'm excited to show you some pictures! There were 6 non members at the party! Super cool!
 
The temple ground breaking was an incredible experience. I'm not sure if you were able to see it. Hopefully it will be posted on lds.org soon. It was a very spiritual experience. We didn't have any investigators there unfortunately but we got to sit by some of the members, and it was a very nice experience. The love that these people have for the church is incredible. Soon they won't have to drive 4 hours to get to Orlando for the temple. They're incredible! They were so excited to be able to witness this momentous occasion. Luckily I got to watch it in English... So I knew what was going on. Ha ha.
 
So I just read the letter from Stephen... HE'S ENGAGED?! Well I guess the first wedding that I'll go to in our family is my own. That's alright though. All that really matters is that they're happy and doing the right thing.
 
That's great to hear about how you saw Linda at Costco. I hope everything is going well for them. If you happen to see them soon please let them know that I say hi! That's awesome that Eric is deciding to go on a mission. 
 
You said in your letter that you're going out of town? Where are you going? 
By the way, yes I do go to the Library to write home. We check out laptops and write very fast. We have an hour every week to write home and to write President Hale, soon to be President Anderson. It's going to be a crazy transition but I know it'll go smoothly.
 
That's great that both of you were able to be part of Primary this week at church. I love the Primary. Is it still ridiculously small? I hope not. That's exciting to hear about the new program with the missionaries in our ward. I hope all goes well. 
 
Well at church this week we didn't really get very many people there for invitation Sunday... We had about 6 non members total. I haven't heard how well the mission did for the big day but we did okay I guess. It was difficult because it was on Fathers Day. However that's alright. We'll keep working hard.
 
I just saw a sister in our Branch at the library and told her that Stephen is engaged and she said that when I get home I'm going to have a bunch of nieces and nephews. Whitney isn't pregnant is she? That would add to the list! Ha ha. 
 
Along with the card reader, I was wondering if you could send me some ties. I really like the ones from missionary mall but I only have like 5 or 6 good ones still. Could you order some, with sam's approval, on missionarymall.org?
 
Thanks a bunch! Other than that I think i'm doing fantastic. There are some tough days, and long nights but everything for the most part is awesome! I know that the Lord loves us and watches our for us. I love you all so much. Please keep praying for me. You're the best family ever! Fullmer Family Forever!
 
-Elder David Fullmer
 
P.S. Happy Anniversary! I'm happy you got both of the cards in time! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment