Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23, 2011- Another Week in Miami Beach!


Hello Family!
This week has been an extremely great week! We've been working very hard to try and find more people to teach and help them come closer to Jesus Christ. Just to let you know that next Monday I will not be writing home because it is a holiday. I will be writing home Tuesday which will be our P day. Thank you for the wonderful package that you sent me this week. I was very happy to see everything in it. Luckily the protein bars didn't melt and stayed nice and solid. Thank you for my iPod which my companion and I have greatly appreciated. Thank you mom for sending the book as well. Hopefully it will help gain some knowledge that I can share to our investigator. I love you all and was very pleased to receive a package! 
Thank you also for joining in mighty prayer with the mission. Prayer is very powerful and it is always a source of strength.
This week we've been very busy, as always, but it seemed even more this past week. On Wednesday we were able to go see the BYU Young Ambassadors in Miramar Florida. They came to share their talents which were absolutely amazing. I don't really know if you know who they are, like I was, but they are a singing and dancing group that travels all over the world performing. They are absolutely amazing! It was very fun to be able to see them and feel the spirit through music. What I later found out is that after they performed in Florida they got the opportunity to go to Cuba to perform for 4 days. They didn't want a lot of people to know about it just in case it wouldn't work out. Cuba is slowly but surely opening up. I don't think it'll be much longer before it'll open up for missionary work. I just hope I don't go over there because I won't be able to understand anything that anyone says! :) Oh well... Luckily I don't have to worry about that right now. 
Also this week I was able to go up to Plantation Florida to have my Personal Priesthood Interview with President Hale at the Mission home. It was a very great experience. We talked a lot about family and how when we are serving the Lord on our missions our family becomes closer together. I remember before I left on my mission I was talking to mom about how after I leave the family won't be the same because Whitney will be getting married and everything will be different. It definitely won't be the same but I feel like I've become closer to all of you in these past few months than I ever have before.
He also said that when we get to know our Savior more we grow to appreciate our parents more. I know that this is true! I have grown to appreciate everything that you have done for me. Especially just the little things. I appreciate all the time that I have been able to spend with you and learn to love everything about you. While I've been in Florida the families here definitely aren't like in Utah. It's rare to see a family with 2 parents and children who live in a house. Actually I don't think I've seen one. It allows to be thankful for the family and to cherish the amazing family that I have. I love the family picture that you sent to me in the package as well. We have a wonderful family and I cherish it everyday. Thank you for your example and your love. 
This past week we have 2 new investigators with a baptismal date, so total we have 4! One of the dates was supposed to be yesterday but through prayer and through the Spirit my companion and I felt that he wasn't quite ready to enter the waters of baptism. There was a conflict of deciding when the his baptism should be. He works for the postal service so he works very long days along with Saturdays. His wife's birthday is on Sunday and they couldn't do it on that day. 
We were in a predicament because we didn't want to wait a lot longer. I said a prayer to direct me to find when the day should be. I had the impression to grab the calendar and to look for our options. Then I saw "Memorial Day" I thought that this is the perfect day! He doesn't have to work, he doesn't have to wait a long time and it was on a holiday so a lot of the ward could attend his baptism along with our investigators. Everything has worked out and we feel that he is a lot more prepared and will be ready for baptism next Monday. I know that through prayer we were able to make this decision. It wasn't a huge thing that was solved but miracles are wrought by small and simple means. Go on your knees often! 
One of my companions at the MTC went home this past week because of issues with his knees. He should come back soon, hopefully, but please keep him in your prayers. Luckily my knees have only been getting stronger and stronger with all the biking that i've done this week. Along with all the biking I got my first flat tire this week! Gotta love it! 
I wish I could keep writing and writing but unfortunately I have a time limit and it's almost up, plus I'm a slow typer... Anyways I just want to let you know that I love all of you very much and I know that we are children of God. He knows and guides us daily. It's such a blessing to know this simple truth and I invite you to ponder about how having this knowledge has blessed your lives. It definitely has blessed my life and has guided me to share others of this wonderful knowledge. I know that this is His work and His glory. I feel very happy to be able to assist Him in His work. Have faith in Christ. Everything that you are able to do is because of His Atonement. The Atonement allows us to do hard things. He is the reason for everything and He knows you perfectly. Thank you for your love and support! I love you more than you can know. Have a wonderful week!
-Elder David Fullmer
P.S. I get to give my first talk in Spanish this next Sunday so keep me in your prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment