Friday, March 25, 2011

March 25, 2011 letters Week 4 at the MTC


Hola Everyone!
I can't believe that I'm already in my 4th week at the MTC. Time is just flying! Some days seem like they're taking forever but just like that the week is over! It's snowing right now and I'm loving it! There is a missionary in my district from Pasco Washington who hates the snow. Luckily he'll be going to Argentina so he won't have to worry about it. I'm going to send some pictures of the Elders in my district for you all to see who I've been living with for the past 3 weeks. 
I'm so glad to hear that everything went well for Whitney's wedding. I'm sad that I couldn't have been there but I'm glad that I'm on my mission. I know I'll be blessed because of it. Thank you for sending the delicious cupcakes. Elders from my zone thank you as well! I still have a few left :) The picture of Whitney and Marc is absolutely beautiful! I keep it on my desk and look at it everyday. If you can please send more pictures! I have a question too... Did Whitney by chance buy a tie for me? If so i'd love to have it! They ties that I have now are getting a little boring so any new tie would be very exciting. Also, thank you for sending the socks. I got them the other day and I was suprised that you got them to me so quickly. Thank you! I don't think there is anything else that I need.
Actually, i wouldn't mind having my cologne here. Having a district of all Elders, the room can get a little smelly... A little cologne probably wouldn't hurt. Haha. Thank you for sending me more stamps. I only had 2 left and I was planning on writing people today so thanks for the stamps! 
The language is coming along. The other districts keep telling us that we're so much farther along than they were when they were here for 3 weeks. We're teaching the first lesson again on Saturday in Spanish so hopefully that goes well. Yesterday we taught our progressing investigator (our teacher). Even though it's our teacher pretending to be someone else, the spirit is real and I forget that she's my teacher. She has lost both her husband and her son. She's very disabled and can barely walk. Our first lesson we didn't know what to talk about because we'd never met her but the Spirit prompted us to teach her about families. Whenever we talked about families she listened and wanted to know more. Our second lesson we taught about the plan of salvation. We hadn't even learned it in class but we taught her and the Spirit was there. Yesterday we were prompted to teach her about The Holy Ghost and how it's also known as the Comforter. She has a desire to have this gift with her and we challenged her to pray and see if baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost is right for her. She accepted and she also accepted to come to church on Sunday. I know it probably sounds weird that we put all of this time into someone who is pretending to be someone else but the spirit is directing us what to say and that is real!
The Spanish is coming along better everyday. My teacher challenged me to say my personal prayers in Spanish and I've been trying to do that. It seems that I speak Spanish the best while I'm praying. She said that it doesn't matter if we conjugate the word correctly or say the wrong word because the Lord knows what I'm trying to say. If I continually try and speak the language, I know the Lord will help me even more because i have a desire to learn it.
This past Tuesday Brother Costa from the presidency of the 70 came to speak at the devotional. He's an amazing man! The thing that taught me the most that night wasn't what he said. It's what his wife said. She talked about when she sent her son on his mission. Everyone asked why she wasn't crying when they dropped him of and she responded by saying, "I've been preparing him for this day for his whole life. Today is the happiest day of my life." It made me think of you Mom. You always said that it's hard to have me go but it would but so much harder to have me not go on my mission. She said that "when you leave you leave and boys. When you come back, you come back as men." I know that this is strengthening me and having me grow so much! She said, "You don't have time to play like boys anymore. Teach like Men!" I loved that. Even though she was a little difficult to understand because of her strong Brazillian accent. It meant a lot to hear what she had to speak.
Everyday pretty much seems exactly the same but extremely different at the same time. You're at the same place everyday at the same time but different experiences and thoughts happen that make each day different. I know that this church is a remarkable church. I know that The Lord knows me and all of you personally. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can all return to the kingdom of God and live as a family forever!
Yesterday we were learning about the Atonement and I came across John chapter 15. I encourage all of you to read it. It is spectacular. I know that The Lord loves all of us so very much that he put this gospel on the earth to bless us. He's blessing us continually and I will never be able to thank Him and Our Savior enough. I love you all so much. I wish i could keep writing forever but I only have about a minute left. Give my love to Whitney and Marc and Congratulate them for me. What they have done is so important for them. I love you!
-Elder David Fullmer

March 25th, 2011 (letter received in the mail) 

Dear Family,
Sometimes when I'm writing an email, I forget to tell you everything that happened during the week. Well, last week during Sacrament Meeting, I got to play the musical number. They asked me a few days before and I said I would. I didn't know what I was going to do, but for some reason I felt like I needed to do the musical number. While I was practicing I only got about 30 minutes total because of everything I have going on, I knew I was supposed t play come "Come Thou Fount". So going into Sacrament Meeting I knew I was going to play that song, but didn't exactly know how it was going to go. I played the song and it came to me how it was supposed to be played except for at the end I made a mistake, a really odd place for me to make a mistake. Usually I'd be disappointed, but I know that I played with my heart and was pleased with it. A sister in our zone, Hermana Turner came to me afterwards and said how much she loves "Come Thou Fount" and how she needed to hear it. She said she was crying during it and it was a very strong spiritual experience for her. 


I didn't know why I was supposed to play it, but I'm glad I was used to help bring the spirit. I just thought I'd tell you that. Thank you for all your love and support! It helps me everyday!. I'm glad to hear that everything is going well and know the Lord is blessing you. I love you ALL!


March 25th Letter to Mom in the mail


Well, I got your letter at about 5:00 tonight so I didn't get to answer your letter. So, Ya..Here it is. Ye, I heard about the BYU game. It's unfortunate but they had a good run. I heard they got to overtime but it's too bad they couldn't finish. I have to say I'm not surprised by the Jazz. It's a good time to serve a mission. 


Well, tonight we went tot he TRC and taught the second lesson. Getting to know them was all in Spanish and I was surprised how much I could understand and speak. It was good! Then during the lesson we answered their questions well and taught pretty well. It was a little scattered, but oh well.. That's not the coolest part though. we got to know one of the people we taught (the actual person, not the person he was pretending to be) and we found out that he used to live in Miami. He was talking about how beautiful it is down there and how there are a lot of people to teach. Then he told us about someone he used to work with . She wants us to have the missionary discussions so he is going to give us her address and phone number. An actual referral in our mission. we got super excited and it's very cool that even though we are practicing real missionary work is going on.... I miss cooking so much! The food just isn't doing it for me. I wish  could just cook for myself! Well, it's bedtime now. It is still technically my P-day so I'm not breaking the rules by writing you. I love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment