Friday, March 18, 2011

March 18, 2011 from the MTC


Hey Everyone!
I've found it easiest if I just write one letter to you all. I have a limited time so if I say the same thing over and over I run out of time. Everything is going really well here. The DearElder letters came and They were a very nice surprise! Thank you for doing that! 
This week has been really busy. Dad you asked what my day is like and here is how it usually goes. I wake up at 6:15 every morning, They say 6:30 but if I wake up then I have to wait a long time for a shower. Then we need to be in our classroom by 7:00. For a half an hour we read El Libro de Mormon and then we go to breakfast. After breakfast we usually have one of our teachers teach us for about 3 hours. Then we have personal study for one hour then we have lunch. Every day is different when we have gym but it's always, for our zone, after a meal. So usually it's after lunch until 2:00. Then we have our other teacher teach us for about 3 hours. Then we have dinner.
After dinner we usually have an hour of companion study, an hour of language study, and an hour of MDT or Missionary Directed Time. During this time you can do pretty much anything you need to except take a nap. The food is okay. It all ends up tasting the same. 
On temple day we get to have breakfast at the temple and that is actually real food! I had a waffle, big surprise right? I did receive my pants from Missionary Mall the other day so you don't need to get after them anymore. I do like the socks from missionary mall the most so if you can order some online I'd love to have a few more pairs if that's possible. It doesn't have to be immediately. I understand it's a little busy right now! Ha ha. 
Yesterday I had a really hard time concentrating. I was really home sick. I could not concentrate on anything. One of my teachers, realized something was wrong and pulled me out of the class. I told her everything about home and how I'm going to miss Whitney's wedding and she just encouraged me so much. I know this is what I'm supposed to be doing! The Lord has blessed me so much! 
I did run into Richard the other day and I asked him about if his mission will be affected by the earthquake and he said that he doubts that it will. His mission is quite far away from where the earthquake happened but he doesn't know. It'll be interesting to see. That's awesome to hear about the Temple! I'm glad that Kay is in town! Say Hi for me! I don't know how much of a session I'd understand (in Spanish) but it would be cool to go to. Who knows if I'll be able to... Spanish is coming along alright. It's very frustrating at times but i just need to remember to be patient and everything will work out. 
Last week at the TRC was awesome! The spirit was so strong in the room. I remember that I was telling the investigators about the First Vision. I was saying Joseph's words exactly and the Spirit filled the room. My favorite part of the first lesson is the first vision. I remember bearing my testimony and things just filled my head of everything that I was grateful for. It was incredible. 
Last Monday my district decided to try and teach the first lesson completely in Spanish. We taught another district in my zone who was also teaching it in Spanish for the first time, except they've been here for 7 weeks. They were astounded at how fast we've learned everything! I'm so excited about how much I'm learning! The work it moving forward! 
I found out about my mission through my companion who's been receiving the weekly emails from the president. He's getting them because he sent in that slip of paper with his email address. I think we sent it in so hopefully we'll be receiving the letters soon.
About my ipod... I don't really care what happens to it. When i get back the technology will be much better so if you can sell it that would be great! I'd like probably what i got it for... I think it was about $100 or a little more. Whatever you can get would be great!
I'm so excited for Whitney and Marc! I'm sure its super hectic there but I'm sure everything will go perfectly! I've been praying for you Whitney and I know this is the right thing for you! Please send me pictures and info. I'm excited to see everything!
I heard that BYU won. Both of my comps are huge basketball fans so we get updates pretty much every day. Hopefully they can go far.
Day Light Savings actually didn't phase me. We decided as a companionship to pray for energy and motivation to be awake and the next day we all woke up and it seemed that we had more energy when we lost an hour of sleep... Prayers are answered!
They actually got rid of the Referral Center at the MTC. The reason why is because everything that they need to find out about is found on Mormon.org. It would have been a cool experience to go to it but I think the TRC and the TE will help me too. 
This place is really helping me learn how to feel the Spirit. It doesn't have to be an overwhelming feeling to know that the Spirit is with you. I've found that most of the time it's just a peaceful feeling letting you know that it's alright. There is a quote that says, "The atonement not only makes you one with God, it also makes you one with your Families." I know this is true and I love you all so much! You're the best family anyone can ask for!
-Elder David Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment