Friday, April 15, 2011

April 15, 2011 Semana 7

Hola Familia!
So I'm in my 7th week on my mission. Time is flying! I can't believe it's P-day already again. Everything is going well.
This past week at the MTC we got the opportunity to hear from Elder Ronald A Rasband from the Presidency of the Seventy on Tuesday night. It was a great experience. He talked about how to receive the Spirit by 
1. Bridling our passions. 
2. Garnishing our thoughts. And 
3. Praying for the Spirit. 
It was a really great talk that was given. I have a feeling that we're going to get an apostle this week... I'm crossing my fingers. This week at the devotional I decided to try out the MTC choir. We had a practice on Sunday and I got to sing next to Elder Tony Anderson. It was great to be able to sing next to him again. I hadn't sung next to him since Madrigals. We sang How Great Thou Art. It was an incredible arrangement and I loved it. I remember once when Dad said that it's his favorite hymn. I think you would have enjoyed it. 
This past week I also got to host new missionaries! It was great! It made me realize how much I've grown in the past 6 weeks. My testimony has grown and my spririt has grown as well! I hosted someone from Austraillia and he knows the Scruggs! We talked about them along with rugby! It was fantastic! I didn't see Adam Watchman while I was hosting but I walked past him and said Hi the next morning! 
Thanks for telling me about the temple status is Florida. It's exciting to hear about. The news that I've heard about President Hales is that he's doing really well. He's in recovery and they're still testing the tumor to see if it's cancerous and to see if it's completely removed. He says that he's in a lot of pain but he's doing well.
Thank you so much for the package that I received this past week! It was full of goodies! I absolutely loved it! Thanks for the old man smelling body wash Sam :) Just kidding! It's great! Well I have 2 pairs of athletic socks which I use for gym. They're working fine for now but if you could send a couple more, not necessarily right away, it would be great! An ipod with the conference talks would be fantastic! We're not allowed to listen to music at the MTC but in Florida I'll most likely be able to. So whatever would be easiest is just great!
That's so great to hear about so many inactive members coming back to our ward! With so many trials in the lives of people now, I think they realize the importance of the church. It's essential to have your own testimony in these times. It's going to be harder and harder to be a member everyday but with a strong testimony we realize why this church is true! With the opposition it opens our eyes to the truth and we know it through the power of the Holy Ghost! In D&C 42:14 it talks about the importance of the Spirit while we teach. It says, "Without the Spirit ye shall not teach." It's straight forward. If you don't have the Spirit, you won't be able to teach. I need to pray everyday, multiple times a day, to have the Spirit teach the investigators and to teach me. We hardly do anything. Without the Spirit testifying of the truth, Missionaries are just saying words. It's essential to have the Spirit with you Always! 
The language is coming along. It's difficult, not gunna lie, but it makes more sence everyday. Teaching in Spanish is hard because we're not supposed to say memorized phrases. However if we focus on teaching to the needs of the investigator instead of focusing on the what we're going to say in Spanish, the Spirit helps you so much more. I need to constantly remind myself that I'm here for others. When I do that the Spirit helps me teach.
I can't believe that we only have about 2 more weeks left in the MTC. The group above us is going to leave to Mexico on Monday so we'll be the most senior group in our zone. It's weird to think about but it's exciting to know that in a few short weeks we'll be out in the field teaching those who need to know the truth. I keep forgetting to get pictures developed but this week for sure I'm going to get some to you so you can see who I've been living with for the past 6 weeks.
Oh, the tax form! Ya I sent it already. I think I got the package on Monday? I can't remember but I mailed it the next day. So we're good! Thanks for doing my taxes for me Dad! 
I got a letter from Ryan Reese just saying how excited he is to be going on his mission soon. He asked for some advice. It's great to be on this end of the letter. I've only been out 6 weeks but I've learned and grown so much! I'm so excited for him so he can feel the spirit so strongly. This is definitely the place I'm supposed to go. Also i know that Florida is the mission i'm supposed to go to. Everyday I feel this feeling that it's right and no where else would be right for me. I'm not even there yet but I love my mission! Te amo mucho! Yo se que El evangelio de Jesucristo es verdadero y mi familia es muy muy bien!
Con amor, Elder David Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment