Friday, April 22, 2011

April 22, 2011- An Amazing week at the MTC

Hello Family!

Well this week has been an amazing, spectacular week! I love being a missionary. Last week the zone above us left and now we are the oldest district in our zone. Last Sunday President Shumway, our Branch President called me and my companions into a room where he called us to be zone leaders. Of course we accepted and it's been a very good experience for all of us. He said in the interview that he's been feeling like we're supposed to be zone leaders for a long time. I'm grateful for the opportunity to have a leadership position and to be the one to help those who need some help and to be the example to others. I never thought that I'd be a zone leader in the MTC. It just seems like yesterday that I came here. It's a real humbling experience having responsibility over a zone. No one person is more important than another.

Another very exciting thing that happened was that on Tuesday night we had the opportunity to listen to Elder Richard G. Scott come and talk to us during the devotional. He talked about how important the spirit is. In the devotional he asked all of the missionaries who are learning another language to raise their hands. He talked about how important the gift of tongues is. He said, "As a member of the 12 apostles, I confer upon all of you the gift of the gift of tongues. You still need to work hard, but it will be an amazing blessing to you." He also said while bearing his testimony that he doesn't believe Jesus Christ has a resurrected, perfected body. He knows that He does. He also said that he doesn't believe Jesus Christ Atoned for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane, he knows He did. He also said, "You will forget many of the things that I've talked about tonight, but remember this. An Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ knows the church is true and that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know Jesus Christ lives with every fiber of my being!" It was such an amazing powerful devotional.

I was able to sing at the devotional again and the spirit was incredible. We sang There is Sunshine in My Soul. I didn't really like the arrangement but it definitely brought the spirit. Also this week we got a new district in our zone! We got the opportunity to teach them, as zone leaders, about Companionship Inventory. Stephen can tell you about what it is.

I remember when we got here and when the zone leaders taught us and how they didn't get us involved in the teaching. We never really had a bond with the zone leaders. We wanted to make sure that didn't happen and that they know they can come to us for anything. I'm pleased to say that it was a success! It went really well and I feel like I already know them very well. It's great to have more missionaries in our zone!

Yesterday was a great day! I got my travel plans!!! So here's what they say. I'm leaving on May 3rd. I'm flying with American Airlines on flight 416 to Dallas/Ft Worth. My flight leaves SLC at 6:00 AM and arrives in DFW at 9:40 AM. My connecting flight (AA flight 1494) leaves DFW at 10:25 AM and arrives in Ft Lauderdale at 2:05 PM. It's too bad that I don't have a long layover that I have time to call home. I will get to call when I get to Florida though. I might have time before I leave SLC but I just don't know. It would be an early call. It's very exciting news. It's been a very busy week. We'll see what happens.

I haven't heard anything about President Hale. Just that he's doing well. I'm not sure when Ryan Reese's farewell is but if I find out I'll let you know. Ohh Spring Break huh? I'm sure Sam's loving it! I can't believe about what happened with the chill night. That's pretty crazy! I'm glad that I won't be down in Florida for Spring Break. But I will next year and I'm sure that I won't be tracting much during that time.

I can't believe Elder Klc is already coming home! That's crazy!
I'm so excited for Easter on Sunday! I'm kind of disappointed that I won't be with the family for the Easter egg hunt but i know this is going to be the most spiritual Easter that I've every had. I don't know if they'll have funeral potatoes but if they do I guarantee they will not be as good as yours mom!


I'm sure Sam and Stephen are so excited (along with both of you Mom and Dad) to be starting HCG again! Maybe I should start doing that. I've put on a few pounds here at the MTC but hopefully when I get down to Florida, I'll sweat it off.

Well other than all of this that I've told you, I don't thing I have anything else to say except that I love you all. I know that the church is true! I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and that He performed the Atonement! I know that on that Friday so many years ago, He gave up his life for us so that we could become clean from our sins. I know that he suffered and paid for all of our sins, transgressions and every negative aspect of life. I know that He knows us perfectly because of it. He made a perfect Atonement and that no one else could have done what He did for us. There is a talk by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin where he talked about the Atonement. In the talk he said, "No matter how dark our Fridays, Sunday will come!" I know that Jesus Christ rose again on that Sunday! He is a perfect Savior and our Perfect Brother! I know that La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias is the Church of Jesus Crist! I Love you all so much!

-Elder David Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment