Monday, January 28, 2013

A Wonderful Week in Paradise

Dear Fullmer Family,
I'm so sorry to hear about all the horrible weather that you've been having... It sounds absolutely terrible. The Branch President told me this morning, "When you go back, you're going to freeze!!!" I'm a little scared about that. Haha. Hopefully I'll bring the warmth with me to Utah. Haha. Hopefully none of you get frostbitten and I'll try not to get sunburned :)
Anyways, this past week has been great! We finished "Temple Worthy" by BroTab and it's awesome!! We really love it. We went up on Wednesday to Marathon to burn the CD's and also we made an album cover. It's pretty cool. We went up to the training on Friday and President Anderson said he'll think about it. He's a little hesitant to approve it because he doesn't want it to "open the floodgates." Especially with all of the new missionaries coming in he doesn't want the obedience level to drop. I understand what he's saying. However we gave the cd to him to listen and we feel like he'll approve it. At least we hope so :)

The training meeting was awesome! He talked about how we need to improve our ability to "liken" the scriptures to our investigators. During this entire part of the training I couldn't help but think of the time when mom was on a "Liken" phase and used the word all the time. I don't know if you remember that but I sure do. He also talked about the importance of working with the members. We have been making that a huge focus lately and what President talked about was exactly what we needed. Basically he said how we need to have members in everything that we do and we need to support them and help retain the converts. It was really nice. The final part of the training was about faith. I thought I was pretty good on faith but during the training I realized how much I lacked in it. He described the pattern of faith from Alma 32. The part that stuck out to me was where it says, "Don't cast it out by your unbelief (or something along those lines... I don't have my scriptures or notes with me)" We can be nurturing our faith but unless we truly believe it won't do anything. Faith is much more than a desire but it's gained and strenthened as we act! It was a really amazing training and it was great to see some other missionaries that I might not see again... It's weird but it still hasn't really hit me yet that I only have like a month left... Wow, it's actually a month from today. Weird.

Well yesterday we did something that has never been done before. We were expecting some new investigators to come to church in both Key West and Key Marathon.The ones in Marathon needed to have Spanish translation so we were trying to figure out how it was to be done. So what we ended up doing is that we got permission to go on a split. We drove up to Big Pine (about halfway to Marathon) with a member and we met **** (our recent convert) there and I went up the rest of the way with him. Let me tell you it was weird to not have a companion with you... Well I did but he was one of our recent converts. Haha. Unfortuneately the family who was supposed to come to Key Marathon didn't show up but it was fun to be able to see the members up there. I also got to see **** pass the sacrament for the first time and I taught him how to tie a tie. It was a great day! Last night we went to a member's work at the airport and got to see all of the little planes that he flys and takes care of. I forgot my camera but next time I'll go I'll make sure to take a bunch of pics. Then we went out with him to follow up with some of the referrals he gave us. It went really well! None of them were very interested but we were planting some seeds. His girlfriend is doing well... She's a really nice girl and it's helping him to prepare for his mission. He's going to be an amazing missionary!

Well that's about all that I've got to say. I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week! Take Care!
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment