Monday, November 19, 2012

Week of Gratitude- Happy Thanksgiving

Dear Fullmer Family,

What a week we had this week! It has been a fantastic week! I'm very thanksful for all of my blessings.This past week I was reading the talk by President Monson entitled "Consider the Blessings." As I did so I read the challenge that he gave us to take an inventory of the blessings in our lives and if we do we will be happier and recognize the Lord's hand in our lives. So during a personal study session I decided to do just that. I wasn't in the best of moods but I decided to do it anyway.  As i did so, all of the feelings of discouragement left and I ended up writing down blessings for the whole hour. It was one of my favorite study sessions that I have had. I invite all of you to do the same thing, especially this week of Thanksgiving and I promise you will be happier and this will be one of your most memorable Thanksgivings yet.

Well this past week we had Zone Conference in Killian and it was amazing! We learned so many wonderful things. President Anderson let us know how we need to think less of ourselves and think more of others. 

Homestead and Miami Zones
It was a great Conference to be able to see other missionaries. In my zone alone I have three previous companions so it was fun to see them again. It's suprising but I don't really mind being secluded down in the keys away from everyone else. It just makes it easier to focus on the work and to get less distracted. So with Zone Conferences this past week Tuesday was pretty much shot for working since all together we were in the car for about seven hours... Knowing that, our time to work was much shorter for the week. So my companion and I knew we needed to use every minute of every day as effective as it could be used. We did things that had never been done before in this area. We were able to have eight investigators at church which was awesome!

One experience that I had this past week was when we went to go visit the ***** family. They are such an amazing family! We shared scriptures and experiences with him and the Spirit was very strong... He looked down and then looked up at us and said, "I know what I'm missing! I need to do more missionary work!" He made the resolve to work more with us and to share the gospel with his friends. We left a blessing on their home and then they asked if we have plans for Thanksgiving. We said we hadn't made any yet and they invited us over to thier house for Thanksgiving! I'm really excited for it. They have a five kids who are so hilarious and a lot of fun! So Thanksgiving will be great!

This past week we had a branch Thanksgiving party this past week in Key West! It was amazing! It was nice to be able to get to know the branch members better and to have some great food. Also, yesterday in Marathon they had Branch Conference where all the Stake Presidency came down, which includes President ****, and my former Bishop in Miami Bishop ******. It was great to see them again and to talk with them. They all said to tell you all Hi! It was like sitting down with old friends that I hadn't seen in a while.

Ohh yeah, I was asked to give a last minute talk about how to teach by the Spirit in the Key West Branch. Lets just say I've come a long way in being able to prepare talks. I had about 15 minutes to prepare and I needed to give about a 15 minute talk. I feel like it went pretty well! Haha.


Plan of Salvation doodle he sent his sister

Unfortuntely we weren't able to baptize ******** this past week. Some things came up but he is for sure getting baptized this Saturday. Please pray for him to be able to make changes necessary for his baptism. He's a great guy and I'm so excited for him!

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for all of the wonderful blessings in my life, first and foremost my family! Thank you all for always being there for me and caring so much about me! I love you all and I know that the Lord gives us all of our blessings and we need to show our gratitude for all of our blessings. I love you all and Hope you have a great week!
-Elder David B. Fullmer


No comments:

Post a Comment