Monday, November 5, 2012

Another Week in Paradise

Dear Family,

What can I say... I love my area!! This has to be the most unique opportunity of a lifetime! Sometimes I can't believe I'm actually serving in the Florida Keys! Haha. So we got a call from President Anderson saying how he wants us to spend more time in Marathon because of the success that we've been having. We're going to be spending at least two days a week in Marathon and the rest in Key West. So my area covers all of the keys except for the top key... Key Largo. Other than that, it's all in my area!

There are so many wonderful people that we meet everyday. ******** came to church yesterday in Marathon and from what we heard he loved it!! We were in the Key West branch but we will be in Marathon next Sunday because ******** will be getting baptized next Sunday. So in Key West we are living in a trailer... but a very nice trailer. We actually don't live on Key West but an island just off of it called Stock Island. I still don't know my way around this place very well but it's beautiful. A couple days ago we drove past the Southern Most Point marker and it made me really happy. I haven't gotten a picture with it but I will be soon!

However, being missionaries we get a privelidge most people don't. There is a military base called the Truman Annex that goes more southern than the southern most point... which I'm at right now. The branch president works and lives at the Truman Annex and so we come here an email every Monday and then play basketball with some of the soldiers. It's really awesome!!

The branch down here is absolutely amazing! There is a young man named ****** who is 17 and a senior in high school. He's a referral machine! He brought his non member girlfriend to church because he told her, "I'm going on a mission in a few months... You need to come to church.....Haha. She came to church! He got up and bore his testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and it was very powerful. He's going to be an amazing missionary. So in total this past week we had eight investigators at church, with 11 new investigators. It was a very good week!

Sorry, we don't have much time today. I'm using a tablet to email and I'm really not used to it and don't really know how to use it so this email will be a bit shorter than most. However we did have some great experiences this past week where we met some really cool people. On Thursday as we were coming down it just seemed like we ran into everyone that we needed to. We met with many recent converts that we hadn't seen in a while and also some former investigators. It's been a very special week! Well I got to go! I love you all very much! I hope everything goes well for you all! I pray for you all the time!
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment