Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekly Report- Nov. 14th letter

Dear Fullmer Family,
How's everything been with all of you? I hope everything's going well! I can't believe how fast time is flying. It definitely does not seem like it's the middle of November already. Thanksgiving is next week?!?! What?!?! I can't believe it. Speaking of Thanksgiving... you know how much i love making pies so I was just wondering if you could possibly send me the Lion House pie book that I got last year... My companion just so happens to love pie as well and I'm sure some of the missionaries close by wouldn't mind a homemade piece of pie either ;) If you could stick that in with the Ensigns that would be fantastic!

Well, unfortunately the couple we are teaching who are really close to baptism were not married and baptized this past week... He's been so busy at work that he hasn't really had much time to go to the court house during the business hours to get everything done. We're praying that he can get a day this week to get it. They are so ready to get baptized. This past week we watched the Documentary about the life of Thomas S. Monson. It was very good. I don't know if you've seen it or not but it is very good. It's called, "On the Lord's Errand." You should get it! But they are doing well. Super strong! They're going to be great members and missionaries.

We have another really awesome investigator who I told you about last week. Well we had a very powerful lesson with her this past week. For some reason we have like a really powerful connection and it was definitely strong in this lesson that we had with her. In the lesson she told us some very strong issues she is dealing with and I wasn't really sure what I was going to tell her. I knew she needed to know that it was against the commandments but it isn't an easy thing to do telling someone. So while I was thinking about what to say I couldn't think of anything. Then I remembered to stop thinking about myself and think about what she needs to hear. It came. Love. I told her that Heavenly Father loves her so much. When I testified of this the Spirit was so powerful, one of the most powerful times I had ever felt it. While using this doctrine of the Love of God I told her this she said that she felt hopeful and that God did love her and would help her change her situation. Something very important that I learned in this lesson that it's impossible to tell someone that basically their whole life has been is sin and have them walk away saying that they feel hopeful and peaceful without the power of the Spirit. It's impossible! Nothing that we can tell them does anything positive without the Spirit testifying. During this lesson I had a moment, that is very difficult to describe, where I saw her the way that God sees her. It was overpowering and absolutely incredible! It was briefly but i will always remember it. I love being able to teach someone being guided by the Spirit. There is nothing like it to be able to tell someone EXACTLY what they need to hear. She decided to come to church yesterday and loved it. As she is making changes in her life it's very difficult but she felt very peaceful at church and knows what she needs to do. Her situation is much more than what I've told you and it's one of the most difficult situations that I've seen but she is so hopeful and knows that there is a way. I've learned so much from her and I'm so grateful to be able to teach her

Now to answer some of your questions... So about if I teach more in English or Spanish. Well because the branch that I'm in is a Spanish branch most of the lessons are in Spanish. The person I just talked about earlier in the letter is the only one who we teach in English, because she is fluent in both. Many of the lessons are in Spanglish though. It's very different teaching spanish in the states because if you don't know how to say something in Spanish you can usually just say it in English and they know what you're talking about. It's great! :) 

I can't believe that our room is clean! It's been some time since that room's been clean. Way to go Sam! 

Have any of you heard from the family moving to Utah yet? Are you friends on Facebook yet? 

It's too bad to hear about the Elders that died in Texas. I heard about it the other day from a member in the Branch. Do you have the names of the Elders who passed away?

We are mostly riding in cars right now but riding on bikes occasionally. The weather is so nice that it's not bad to ride bikes either. My knees are doing surprisingly well. I haven't had any problems with them... knock on wood... even with all the kneeling that I do. Lots of praying!

Well that's about all that I can say today. Thanks for telling me about Stake Conference. It sounded like it was a great meeting. I know that this is the work of the Lord. When we want to and trust the Lord, I know that He will guide us to those who are prepared and who are willing to accept this message that we carry. He loves us so much! He wants us to be happy and follow Him! How lucky I am to be on His errand. This church is true and I will always be grateful for the knowledge that I have. I love you all so much!

With love,
-Elder David B. Fullmer

P.S. If there is any piano music that you think I'd like... Send it here! I need Christmas music :)

No comments:

Post a Comment