Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21st letter

Dear Fullmer Family! 
Well this week has been a pretty good one. It has just flown by though. It just seems like it was P day. Anyways I hope it's been a good one for all of you. This past week we had our zone conferences where President Anderson talked about fears. He said that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us but also that Lucifer has a plan. It's to place fear into our hearts. He taught us many way to confront this fear and to be successful knowing that we are doing the work of the Lord. 
Our regional doctor came in and talked a lot about stress. We but these little dots on our hands which tell us how stressed we are. Surprisingly I wasn't really stressed. I put it on the back of my nametag so i can just check how stressed I really am. haha. 

We did see some really amazing miracles this week though. During Zone Conference, we got a text from a member who said that her daughter's boyfriend, who had taken the lessons with the missionaries a while back, told them that he wants to get baptized. We met with him right after zone conferences and set him with a date for this next coming Sunday! He's incredible. He's 18 years old and so ready to be baptized! 
The couple we have been teaching are doing really well as well. They are pretty much for sure going to be married and baptized this next weekend. If they don't and I get transferred I don't know what I'm going to do...! They need it! But it'll happen.

During zone conference we also learned that we need to be more energetic and testify powerfully when we knock doors. We put that into effect and met some wonderful people prepared for the gospel. One night we were knocking doors and the first person that we met was this Cuban woman, probably 25 or so and was holding an avocado. She said that she really didn't have any time right now so that we could leave a blessing on her hand and as we testified that this is what she was looking for in her life she paused. Her ex father in law was there and apparently he's an ex Mormon as well... She looked at him and he said, "You should listen to what they have to say." She let us in where we left a blessing with her and her daughter. We later learned that she had been wanting to go to a church but didn't know where to go. She had been feeling alone lately and was so grateful for the blessing that we left with her. 
Another woman we met on Saturday was from Cuba as well... Surprise! She was so surprised that we could speak Spanish and absolutely loved the blessing that we left with her. For the past 3 weeks or so it had been so hard finding people who spoke Spanish. On Friday and Saturday we blessed 7 homes in Spanish. It was incredible. The Lord is guiding us!

This is going to be probably the most different Thanksgivings that I've ever had before. We got our food list from the ward for the week and the family who signed up for us for Thursday came up to us in church and handed us a $20 bill for our food... I don't know if they didn't realize it was Thanksgiving but we get to try and come up with something. It doesn't really matter but it would be nice to eat some turkey :) It'll be great!
 

This past week I had been having the craving to bake... then the pie book came in the mail! AHHH! It was like manna from heaven! Haha. So now I have the plan today to bake pies for the missionaries in the district. I was going to be baking with Sister Anderson but her plans changed and wouldn't be able to do it... Ohh well! I'm super excited to make pies today!

That's awesome to hear about Kurt Bestor Mom! I'm sure he remembered me when I sang in his Christmas concert... Psyche! But I'm glad that you finally found your song that you've been searching for. Ya for Christmas music we can only listen to MoTab. We found the Sissel CD in our appt and we've been listening to that constantly! Haha. She's so good! But ya if you could send the iPod with Christmas music and maybe General Conference talks I'd really appreciate it! 

Now for Christmas gifts? I have no idea... I've got scrips... Well maybe some new Spanish ones. a while ago mine got wet in the rain. They're still usable but I'll have to think about it. I might need some new shoes as well. Mine are getting kinda worn out from so much harvesting :) You could send those other shoes that I left at home as well when you have time. No need to rush. But I'll just have to think a little harder about Christmas. 

Way to break a tooth Mom... that's all i have to say about that. :)

Well I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving this next Thursday! I will be thinking about you! Not too much but just enough :) I love you all so much! thank you Mom for sending me the Wendy's gift card. It was my companion's birthday on Saturday and his parents didn't really send him anything... I guess that's what happens being the youngest of 8... Anyways I spoiled him on his birthday. Took him to Wendy's and we had a great day! Thanks for that Mom! Anyways I love you all very much! I know that God lives and guides us. Let us be thankful for all of our blessings that God has given us and find others who we can share them with! Have a wonderful week!
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment