Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7th letter

Dear Fullmer Family,
Can you believe it's already November? I definitely cannot. I'm not used to having only two seasons in Florida... Rainy season and not rainy season. The weather here has been absolutely beautiful! Sorry about the snow... I miss it but I think I'll stick with this weather for a little bit longer :) The mornings have been a little cool which have been really nice and the days, I imagine, are right around 75 or 80 degrees. Okay I'll stop rubbing it in your faces! 
 
This week has been very good! Not as crazy as last weeks but still has been good. The new member who was baptized was confirmed a member yesterday and she's never been happier. It's amazing. It makes me think of D&C 18:15 where it says, "If you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people and bring save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my father." (Sorry if it's not word for word... I only have my spanish scrips on me and so that's my rough translation...) It's true though. There is no greater joy than helping others come unto Christ!

Well this past week I also received a letter from one of  my favorite families from Miami Beach... They let me know in the letter that they are going to be moving to Provo, UT on November 30th!!!! The funny thing is that I joked with them all the time that they were going to move to Utah and she kept telling me that they would NEVER! Well... I guess they are! They might need some help moving everything and if you could keep any of the old toys that we never use any more I'm sure they'd absolutely love them! I don't think they're going to have much of anything in their new home. But it's very exciting to hear about! I don't know very many of the details but I'll let you know more when I hear more.

We have a new awesome investigator.. We have visited with her a few times and she just absolutely loves the Spirit. Her prayers are incredible. She says that whenever we come by something touches her heart and makes her feel happy! She's been in the Army for about 20 years of her life, and now she is working as an Orthopedic Surgical Assistant. Very cool huh? Every time we teach her I just feel so good! It's awesome finding new people who are so prepared to accept the gospel. There are a few barriers with her but we're working through them.

Now time for the couple we are teaching update! While i was on an exchange with the Zone Leaders this past Friday, My companion and another elder went to visit them. They talked about baptism and confirmation. Apparently they went to the court on Friday to fill out their marriage certificate and hopefully it'll be in by this Thursday so they can get married on Saturday and baptized on Sunday! That would be awesome! I love this work. Yesterday they came to church and the man was so friendly to one of the Sister's investigators who came to church. He sat next to him the whole time explaining things and just helping him along. He's practically already a member! It's great!

That's too bad to hear about and elder from our MTC group... Now only another elder and myself left from our district. But we're both going strong! Hopefully he'll recover soon so he can come back and serve the rest of his mission. He's a great Elder. I just saw him a few weeks ago and he told me that he might be going home. I wish him the best and pray that he will be coming back soon. This past week the brethren changed our mission boundaries. They added another stake to our mission called the Stuart Stake. We now have 25 new missionaries in our mission. I'm excited to get to meet them all. 

So I asked my companion if his dad had ever served as WML and he said that he had. He told me that he thinks he remembers a Elder MacKay but he's going to ask his dad if he can remember more clearly. That's super cool though! Who would have known? 

Well there's not much more to report from Florida. I know that as we follow what the Lord has asked us to do, he will guide our steps. In the Letter from the family they told me that they don't know why they need to go to Utah but that it's what's right for them at this time. I'm sure it's going to be hard for them because they have family in Florida but I'm confident that everything will work out. I love this work and I love my family! You're all so wonderful! Keep praying!
With Love, 
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment