Monday, September 19, 2011

20th birthday week- September 19, 2011

Buenos Dias Familia!

I can't believe that I'm going to be turning 20 years old on Friday! It's pretty crazy! It's not a really big deal it's just surprizing me how fast this year is going. I can't believe that September is almost over. Pretty soon it'll be Christmas!

I've got a funny story about birthdays. So a couple weeks ago we were visiting this invetigator. Her daughter asked me when my birthday is and so I asked who in their family has the next birthday. The mom said that her son does does and it's on the 4th of September. I looked at my companion... looked at my watch... and said, "umm... Today is the 4th... :)" She was so embarrased! It was funny. Luckily they don't really do much for birthdays so the son was really fine with it. He turned 6 years old! Luckily however my family remembered about my birthday! Thank you very much! It'll be a very different birthday than I've had before but I'm sure it'll be a great day like everyday on the mission!

Well anyways, enough about my birthday... This week has been awesome! I think I told you all about a couple we are teaching last week about how he wants to quit drinking. So last Tuesday we decided to teach him about the word of wisdom. He loved it! I've never seen anyone love the word of wisdom so much! It turns out that every Friday when he gets his pay check he goes and buy beer and relaxes and drinks. He realizes that it's a problem and wants to stop. So he asked if we could change our lesson from Thursday to Friday so he can feel the Spirit and won't be as tempted as easily. Of course we said we would and had a lesson at the chapel. In this lesson we taught about the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End.) When we got to Baptism we invited them to be baptized on October 9th. We had invited them to be baptized before and they said they wouldn't commit to a date yet... However we knew that they were ready to accept a date. They did accept it and are so excited to be getting baptized! They both came to church yesterday and they were telling just about everyone that they're going to be getting baptized! It's a wonderful feeling to help people but really it's wonderful to see the desire people have when they know that what we are saying is true! I can't wait for their baptism!

Another investigator Update! So we've been talking to her a lot about when to get baptized and we extended another date for her for the 2nd of October (in between sessions of General Conference.) She accepted! We asked if there was any new news about a job and she said that she's going to find out today if she got a new job! I really hope she does! She's so excited to get baptized. I've grown so close to her family and I see how much the Lord loves her. She needs the blessings of being baptized and she is just so close! She's been working with the missionaries for close to 10 months now. It's time!

We had a lesson with her with the sister missionaries, (who are awesome), where we were planning to teach her about the Sacrament and why it's important to come to church after we are baptized. So we went with the Sisters and knocked on the door... no one was there. We called. No one answered. As we were thinking about what to do a van drove up with her inside and one of her friends who is going to be moving into her trailer with Carina. They needed help bringing her friends stuff inside and we were right there to help. This friend has been going through a lot as well and has recently been divorced. As we were helping her move in she was crying and we asked her if we could share something with her. We went along with the lesson that we had planned and really tried to apply it to her. The Spirit was so powerful in that lesson and I had the impression to ask her to be baptized. I did and she accepted! It's amazing how the Lord places those people who are prepared in our path.

Sorry... I actually don't have my address with me right now... It's fine if I don't get my card by my birthday. Really all mail is supposed to be sent to the Mission office. I don't mind if it's a couple days late. It'll just be an extended birthday! :) Also sorry to hear about BYU... That sounds pretty painful. It's alright though... I'll probably end up being a Ute after my mission anyway. I never thought I'd say that but I've still got some time to think about it.

Mom! I'm so glad that you got my birthday card that I sent you! I'm glad you liked it! I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I love you very much. You're the best mom anyone could ask for! I love you!

Well I think that's all I have to say from this end. I know that the Lord loves us very much and that He truly is preparing those to receive the Gospel. We don't know who is ready but the only way to find out is by inviting! Good work Mom with talking to that woman at work about the church! It's the small things that bring to pass miracles. I know that this is His work and His glory. I've really been able to feel Him guide me to those I'm supposed to talk to. Pray for opportunities to help others. If you are sincere, the Lord with guide you and use you as a tool in His hands. Nothing feels better than when you are helping others while being guided by the Lord and being an answer to someone's prayer. I love you all so much! You're the best family ever! Please keep me in your prayers :)

Con Amor,
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment