Monday, February 18, 2013

Last Week of My Mission

The Key West branch gave this Giant Conch Shell to him 
Well the time as come, if I like it or not, the end is nigh! Ha ha. I can't believe it, I know I say that a lot but I really can't believe it. This week has been a great one though. It flew by but it was great! We were able to have a zone conference where Elder O. Vincent Halleck of the Seventy came to tour our mission. He is an incredible man with a very strong testimony! He talked to us about the Gathering of Israel and the role that we play in it. Very powerful and I learned a lot!
Sorry but this letter will be pretty short. Lot's of activities to do. It's basically my last P-Day and I want to live it up in Key West. We're going with the Branch Mission Leader and his family to see the Ernest Hemmingway house, the Key West Lighthouse, the Aquarium, and the Truman White House. Don't worry, I'll be taking pictures!! I bought a new sd card because I filled up my last one :) It's a beautiful day todeay except it's FREEZING1!! I woke up today and in the trailer it was 59 degrees... I know that's a heat wave for Utah and that fact alone makes me worried for how cold i'm going to be... Ha ha. Ohh well.

I had my departing interview with President Anderson this past week which went really well. I was nervous for it but it went extremely well. I brought my list of 100 things I've learned in my mission which was actually pretty easy to make along with three short term goals and three long term goals. I learned a lot in the interview and he helped me recognize how successful I've been on my mission. He said that every missionary towards the end of his mission feels if he could have done more but he let me know I should feel very happy with what I have done and he said that the Lord is very pleased with my service. It was a very great experience. I had the interview right after zone conference because he won't see me until the day before I leave and he likes to do them before that. He went over my travel itinerary in depth... So I hope you'll be at the airport when I get into SLC! Ha ha.

This week is looking to be a great week. I'm going to make it the best week of my mission. ****** is planning to be baptized on Sunday and I'm so excited for it!! She's doing really well and it's going to be a great day. Please keep her in your prayers this week. Another person was supposed to be baptized this past week but he hasn't been feeling well so hopefully we'll be baptizing him as well this Sunday. I'm going out strong!!

Well, that's about it from my end. I love you all and I look forward to seeing you all soon. I know that the Lord lives and that this is His work. As I was leaving the conference on Friday it hit me that it's about over but I felt the spirit testify that I have fought a good fight and I have kept the faith. I won't stop my final week. Think if the Savior gave up on His last week. Everything he did up to that point wouldn't have made any difference in the salvation of all mankind. My role is quite a bit different than that of the Savior's but there are still people to find and people to influence. It's not over until I get released and I'm not going to stop.
I thank you for your prayers and your faith. I love you all!

-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment