Monday, February 11, 2013

Key West is the Best

Dear Fullmer Family,
What's an amazing week I've had. I hope all of you are doing well and I pray that you all don't freeze to death before I get to see you! I can't believe Christian will be going into the MTC on Wednesday! I remember those days... They seem like yesterday. I kind of with I could do it all over again but unfortunately that's not the case. Good luck Christian! I love you and I know you'll do an amazing job helping all those Argentines :) Cuidate!

Well this week I finished up my ulcer medication. The day after I took my last pill I started to get some tummy troubles that have lasted all week so it would probably be good to get me to a doctor as soon as possible when I get home. Ohh joy! However, that didn't slow me down this week in the slightest. Last Sunday was Fast Sunday and I specifically fasted for two things. 1.) That one of the recent converts in this area who has had work on Sundays for the past four months or so, would be able to come to church on Sunday. and 2.) That one of our investigators would receive an answer and her family would be receptive to her decision. Well both of those things were fulfilled this past week. The recent member called us up on Friday and said, "You'll never guess what just happened!! Someone just randomly called me and asked if I wanted Sunday off!" We were ecstatic! He came to church Yesterday and said once he got back home, "I didn't want to come back home. I was afraid I'd get off my LDS high." Ha ha. It was so great to see him there at church. Now with one of our investigators... So her birthday was this past week and I wanted to make her a birthday cake. So on Thursday I made a chocolate cake from scratch and man was it good! We surprised her with it at the lesson on Thursday and it was a lot of fun. Up to this point, her parents didn't know that she had been meeting with us. There were a lot of extras and he took it home. Well she ended up telling her mom that we made her a cake and she told her that she had been meeting with us for the past two months. Her Mom actually took it very well and basically told her, "As long as you're still a Christian, it doesn't matter what church you go to." We haven't seen her since that happened since she went with her Mom to tour a Catholic College in Naples. Ha ha. It's pretty exciting! Also, This past week she saw a post on facebook that said something along the lines of "Don't put off your baptism invite!" She's really cool and there are a lot of miracles happening!

Also this past Thursday we taught Early Morning Seminary! Man, that is so early!! It started at 6 AM! I'm glad I lived in Utah for Seminary. The lesson went really well. It was all about Saul on his road to Damascus. Also, Yesterday both of the sacrament talks were in Spanish and the majority of the members don't speak any Spanish so lucky me, I was the translator for everyone! It was pretty hard especially since I haven't been in a Spanish ward in almost eight months. Ha ha. During this week our Zone Leaders decided to make the long trek down here and have an exchange for the day in Key West! It was a lot of fun being able to be with them, who were both in my zone when I was a zone leader. A lot of cool things happened.

Well this week I'm going to have my departing interview with President Anderson. I'm kind of freaking out about it! We're going to be having a General Authority come and speak to us. Elder Halleck is coming. I get to have my interview right afterwards... Yippee! So he has asked me to put together a list of 100 things I've learned on my mission along with three long term and three short term goals. It should be a great time! Anyways, I need to get going. I love you all very much and I know these last weeks will be the best ones yet!
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment