Monday, October 1, 2012

The docs found an ulcer in my stomach! Weekly update 10-1-2012

Dear Fullmer Family,

Well this week was an interesting one! Like I said last week I would be going in to have my EGD last Tuesday. So I went in, they put me out again and put a camera down my throat to take a litte looksie on my insides. Well, they found a stomach down there! Haha. But also they found an Ulcer in my stomach. They think this might be the cause of the problems, at least most of them. They're still not sure if it's the cause of all the problems but at least it's something that they can work with. They also aren't really sure of the cause of the ulcer since there are so many different ones but hopefully it will go away and I'll start feeling better :) I've already started to feel a bit better which is nice! Enough with my problems... Time to move on!

Mendoza Argentina huh? That's pretty legit Christian! I've heard it's an awesome mission! My last bishop served there and loved it! You get to speak that an Argentinian will all the sha's and when you get back i'll let you listen to Cuban spanish and you'll have no idea what they're saying! Haha. Can't wait! That's great to hear, too bad I'll just barely miss you but I might accidentally pretend to be a missionary and visit the MTC? :) JK!

This week has been a pretty good one! I was privelidged on Wednesday to go to a Specialized Training in Boynton Beach where President talked about cycles in the Book of Mormon, like the pride cycle and compared it to missionary work. It was pretty interesting. It basically said that we need to be balanced in all phases of the work and continually be humble and grateful for what the Lord has blessed us with. It was a great training where I was able to see some missionaries that I hadn't seen in quite some time!

Our investigators are doing pretty good as well. The biggest problem is getting them to church! But I feel like this week it will be better! We haven't been able to see ******* in probably like 5-6 days... He's been busy but he's still doing well! We had an amazing lesson with another invetigator last Monday where she expressed how she's been having dreams about water and being cleansed with water... It took about three seconds before we invited her to be baptized! She readily accepted and is very excited for it! Also, the day of the appointment, one of her good friends also passed away. We talked about the Plan of Salvation and the Spirit was so strong! Unfortunatley we haven't been able to see her since then but we're planning on going over there tonight to try and see her. She's amazing and I hope everything is going well!

Yesterday was the birthday of the grandson one of our families that we are teaching. I love them so much! There was a pinata with tamales and it was so delicious! We finished it off with some tres leches cake! Delicious!! This family invited me to go to Mexico with them next year!! They feel like part of my family. They're pretty involved in their Catholic church but really enjoy the Spirit that we bring to their house. They will get baptized but I'm just not quite sure as to when. However, we had a great time last night at a mexican fiesta!

Yesterday in church I had a really strong spiritual moment! It was disappointing because none of our investigators came to church but again I felt the spirit tell me that I did my very best and I should be proud. Then as the sacrament prayers were being blessed, the Priest blessing the bread is a member with special needs and he kept messing up over and over again. It took about six times to read it. I kept making the connection to us how to be able to enter into the Lord's Kingdom we need to be perfect, however we make mistakes over and over and over again, but the Lord always gives us another shot! I love the Sacrament and how it is a perfect example of Christ and His atonement. Just how no matter where we are, or how many times we fall, there's still another chance, and another and another. I love the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how with Christ I can do all things! Thank you for all of your love and prayers. I couldn't keep going without them. You're all so special to me and I love you deeply! Have a wonderful week!

Con mucho amor,
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment