Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekly Update. October 15, 2012

Hi Family! 

How is everyone doing? This week has been a very good week! Not much has changed but it's been good. Things are on the up and up! Nothing really crazy happened like getting bashed by a Pastor or anything like that but we're all happy and things are good :)

(He wrote some things about his area that will not be included in his blog) 

Health wise I'm doing well. Not much has changed. A few days I wasn't feel totally up to par but I've been a lot better than I have. This past week at church was really not too exciting. Going into Sunday we felt like we were going to have quite a few people there because they all told us they'd be there, however we had zilch! We did everything we could but we can't act for them... They have their agency and there's only so much that we can do. One of the investigators that we found this past week is named ****...  She's really cool! The day before we found her, My companion was on an exchange with another Elder and they talked with her sister who was kind of interested. However when we went back to follow up with her, her sister came out and said she wasn't home. However I felt prompted to ask if we could say a prayer with her which we did and she felt the Spirit very strongly. I then invited her to be baptized which she accepted! We went over there the next day to visit with her and she really wants to be forgiven of what she's done in the past. She has 3 kids. They're  a really cool family. Too bad they didn't make it to church but hopefully next week!

Another person that we met this week is named *****! She was also found by my companion while he was on an exchange. We went and taught her and her mom while *****was doing her mom's hair. Haha. They're very funny people! .....  Gotta love this area!

We got some good news here as well this past week! Our recent convert who's married to ***** got a job!! We are so happy for him! They're both doing really well! ^^^^^ is definitely the strongest one of them in the faith but they're both doing well! Another investigator is doing alright. We haven't really been able to teach him much since he's been so busy but the other day we were driving by his house and his 4 boys were playing catch with the football so we stopped and played with them for about 30 minutes and then ***** came out and we played some football! It was great! We're planning on going over there later today. 

Well that's about it here! This past week was a great sacrament meeting. It was a really spiritual moment knowing that I renewed my covenants with Heavenly Father. I love being able to contemplate and think of the Savior. Yesterday I read in Mosiah 14 during the sacrament and it was very spiritual. I invite you all to do so :) I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week! 

-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment