Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Transfer Week - February 21, 2012

Dear Fullmer Family,
How is everything going? Well, yesterday we got the transfer info yesterday and it turns out that I'm going to be leaving and my companion is going to be staying. It's a little sad but i feel like it's my time to leave. I love North Miami Beach but i feel like there are other places that I need to be and other people to meet. Every companionship in our zone is being affected by transfers. It's going to be crazy.
 
So on Sunday we got the good news that the baptismal records for the husband and father of our investigators came in so we can baptize them. So we went over to tell them the good news yesterday., the mother asked the golden question, "So when can i get baptized?" We told her asap! So they were thinking about it and the dad said, "How about the next Sunday?" I had a very strong feeling that I was going to be transferred on Wednesday, so I was praying that I would be able to be at the baptism. All of a sudden the 8-year-old daughter jumped in and asked, "Why not tomorrow?!" They all thought... Why not tomorrow? The mother asked, "can we do that?" We said of course! So I called up the bishop and the ZL's for an interview and everything is going to work out! I can't wait! 
 
This past week we got a new bike for my companion.. Finally! It's nice to be back on bike believe it or not! The charge yesterday was because I needed new brake pads and new pedals. The bike shops love us missionaries!
 
This past week we were able to be part of a zone conference where Elder Gavarrett of the First Quorum of the Seventy came and had a mission tour. He's an incredible person! It was really hard for him to give the conference in English. He's only been learning English for about a year, however,  when you really focused on what he was trying to say the Spirit helped us understand! It was a really good experience.
 
I don't think i need a shirt to burn (for the one year mark) mom, I'm good. One of my pens broke so I've got a shirt to burn! I really don't think i need anything! The other investigators in our area are doing really well and I'm really excited for my companion to be able to teach them and take over the area.
 
Well, sorry that this letter is a little short this week. I've got a bunch of stuff to do... pack up all of my stuff and then have a baptism tonight at 7:30! BUSY BUSY! But i have to say it's the best way to leave an area with a baptism! Please pray so that everything will work out today. I love you all and I know that this church is true! This next transfer will be really good, i have a good feeling about it! I love you!
 
-Elder David B. Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment