Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22, 2011 Hello Family!

How are you all doing today? I hope you're all doing so well! Thank you for your letters Mom and Dad. It's always nice to hear from all of you! This week for me has been another great one. Another with not very much number success but very spiritually powerful.

Thank you for the news about Hurricane Irene. President Anderson let us know about it this morning so there's no need to worry about me. Everything will be fine. President Anderson wants all the missionaries to let their parents know that they want to keep all of their lines of communication open. Therefore if you need to get a hold of President Anderson, the best way is via email unless there is an emergency then you can call the office. They just don't want to be bombarded with so many calls about a hurricane that they are very well aware of that they can't communication with the people they need to get a hold of. So that's my little thing I'm supposed to say. Anyways...

This week has been very good. It sounds like it wasn't as busy as last week for you Utahns but it still sounded busy. Congrats on your talk that you gave Dad. Too bad you had to follow the musical number. It probably would have been better if you followed the musical number in my branch. It was the choir. I was the Pianist... It went pretty well but let's just say... Our ward choir might be better then them! However they love to sing so that's all that matters!

So exciting about school starting this week! I'm sure Marc and Sam just can't wait to get to class! School here started today. Many kids at church yesterday were a little bit depressed. I remember the days! Haha. Happy 24th Birthday Marc! I bought a card for him last week but I didn't have a chance to send it. It's an awesome card and i know he's going to love it! It's just going to be a little late... Good work on making a Powerpoint presentation Mom! Too bad you didn't get any credit for it... I'm sure it was fantastic! Bien Hecho! (Good work)

This past Saturday we actually got to have another Mission Conference. Very rare. We were able to hear from Elder Giddons from the 2nd Quorrum of the Seventy. He wanted to review and go over what we had learned from Elder Ballard the other day. It was really good. He told a story about a time when we gave one of his friends a copy of the Book of Mormon and said, "You need to read this." About two months later his friend came up to him and said, "Here's your book." Elder Giddons said, "How was it?" His friend said, "It was good." And Elder Gibbons responded, "that's not an acceptable answer... you didn't read it did you? Go home and read it. Really read it." It turns out that his friend got baptized later on. It's like what you said Dad, it takes action.

This past week we have had some success with the Harvest. We've given more blessings and some very good success with the members in our area. Yesterday in particular was very powerful. As we were explaining what the Harvesting approach (which is when we go into people's homes and leave a blessing on it) This family was getting very excited about it. They knew from the moment we told them about it it was something that they wanted to bless their friends with. Even before the blessing, the 13 year old son said that he as a friend he wants us to give a blessing to. We said that we would love to but first we wanted to leave a blessing with them. We left a blessing and it was very powerful. At the end of the blessing, the mother got up and went to get her phone. She called the mom of the friend of her son and asked if we could go over to bless her home. Apparently they had just gotten back from vacation about 20 minutes before the call and the mom was going to leave for work in about an hour. She asked if we could go over right now. She agreed and we left to leave a blessing.
As we entered the home of the family with the 13 year old son the mom came up to us and thanked us even before the blessing. She said, "We need a blessing on this home." After I offered the blessing I testified that the feelings that they are feeling are the Holy Spirit and asked when we could come by to teach them more about Jesus Christ. We set up a time for this week and we are very excited to see them again. It's been a really cool experience being able to leave blessings on homes. We seem to be getting into more homes through this approach than by any other way. It's a great thing!

Ohh ya, Dad you asked about the person who I gave a blessing to last week and I'm pleased to inform you that he's doing a lot better. He came out on an exchange with us this past week and he said that ever since the blessing he has had so much more energy and hasn't had to use a cane anymore. He said, "Never doubt when you give a blessing. You have to have faith." I'm glad that I was able to use this priesthood that the Lord has blessed me with to help other people.

Well that's about all that I have time to tell you all. It's been a great week and I know that this next week is going to be really good as well. I'm so greatful for all of my blessings especially for this opportunity that I have to serve in the greatest mission in all the Land. I know that I'm here for a reason and I just need to work my hardest with a smile on my face! I'm also so greatful for my family! You're the best! I love you! Have a great week.

Con MUCHO amor,
Elder David B. Fullmer

P.S. For my birthday, I've been thinking about it and I kinda want and iPhone. Maybe Stephen can hook me up? Just kidding... I don't really know. What do missionaries get for their birthdays? No se.... Ohh well, I'll think about it. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment