Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend- September 4, 2012

Dear Fullmer Family,

This week has been pretty good I have to say. It was filled with lots of high moments and a few lows but all in all it's been great! Let's start with the highs. We were able to have a wonderful wedding and baptism this past Saturday for ****** & ###### (I don't really know how to spell her name :).) It was so great to be able to see them be so happy and finally get baptized. The branch did so much to help their day be so special. There's a member who decorates flowers who did some arrangements for free, which was a surprise for us and them. The food was amazing and everyone was just so happy! 

The couple invited many family members and friends and they were all so great and supportive of both of them. Many came up to us afterwards and asked if they could come to church and if they had churches where they lived. One of the aunts, who lives in North Miami Beach, asked if I knew of a church down there and I could tell her exactly where it is since I served there :) It was a wonderful night! One that I will never forget! There is something special when someone you have grown to love and work with decides and makes the steps to be baptized. I'm so happy it went so well! I was able to baptize the man and my companion baptized the woman. Funny story, when she was being baptized she didn't take in a breath and breathed in water... :S She came up coughing. It was sad but she was still happy to be baptized. the man went nice a smoothly in and out of the water. As we were changing afterwards I asked him, "How do you feel?" He responded with tears in his eyes, "this is the best thing that I could have done for me and my family." I said it was and he said that it's been about five years since he's seen his aunts and they all wanted to come see him. They're so proud of him and the changes that he's making in his life. His mom died when he was 13 years old and ever since then he's been on the streets. He's been into some crazy stuff but he's recognizing the need to follow Jesus Christ and loves the feeling of the Spirit. It's really been a pleasure for me to work with them and grow to love them.

Also this past week I broke my toe! One of the lows... Just add it to the list of things going wrong with me haha. Last Tuesday after I wrote home to ya'll (I'm learning great things in the South), I stubbed my toe pretty badly. Not thinking much of it i just hobbled around and ate my lunch. When I stood back up I realized that it had gotten quite swollen, I looked down and it already started turning colors :) The next morning it was very colorful! Don't worry, I've got pictures :D But i've been taking some ibuprofen and that's taken the swelling down and also the pain. It's been a week and it's starting to feel better. My other wonderful body aches haven't really changed much. It's been so hot lately that my energy is just about drained by 2 o'clock in the afternoon but i'm doing my best that I can! I'm glad I've got a patient companion who really helps me out! Tomorrow I've got my appointment with the GI so hopefully they'll find something that'll help me. 

 This week as I have been reading the Book of Mormon I was reading Alma 5. I love this chapter. It is so powerful and clear and I love Alma's testimony when he says, "Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know of these things of myself. And now, I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me." I love how he testifies so clearly how he was able to know these things for himself. We have an investigator who wants to be baptized but feels like she hasn't received an "answer." We read this with her and she decided that she wants to fast for her answer. We're going to fast with her and are going to work to have her be baptized this next Sunday because we know she'll receive her answer.

Other than all that I've written there isn't much going on. Thank you so much for the package that you sent. Unfortunately the toothbrush heads aren't the right kind. I didn't open them. I should have been more specific... Sorry! The type of toothbrush I have is phillips sonicare pro whitening or pro series or something like that. The heads don't have that big plastic thing at the bottom. That's as specific as I can get. Haha. For my birthday, there isn't much that I need. I'm good on clothes and shoes and such but it would be nice for some cologne. Mine is all out... I like the Aquadigio and also this stuff called Kenneth Cole Reaction. But other than that there isn't much that I need. Ohh maybe some good socks. There are some that i really like made by CTR Clothing. They're pretty good stuff that some of my companions have and really liked. So if you find anything you think i'll like I probably will :) 

I love you all so much and am grateful for everything that you do for me! I hope you all have a great week! Pray for me that they'll be able to find what's up with me tomorrow at the doctor! 

-Elder David B. Fullmer



No comments:

Post a Comment