Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11, 2011


Dear Family,
It sounds like this week has been very very busy at home. It's so wonderful to hear that you were able to attend the Hale's Homecoming. It sounds like it was very spiritual and a very great experience. Also it's great to hear that it was in the ward building that I used to sing at for the International Children's Choir. President and Sister Hale are such wonderful people. Also it's great to hear that you got to run into my companion who trained me. He's such a wonderful person and was such a great missionary! It's also great to hear that Dad and Sam got to meet Captain Uchtdorf! Did you say that your son is Captain David? I doubt he'd remember me but it would be awesome if he did. Someone asked how President Uchtdorf and President Hale know each other. I'm not really sure but he set him apart as a mission president and they've been friends before. President Hale knows all of the General Authorities somehow. He pretty much knows everyone! Haha. 
Thank you as well for sending me the package! It was a great thing to get! Luckily it wasn't a chocolate mess and everything was perfect! Thank you for the ties as well. They're perfect!
This past week as been an alright week. We've been working hard and trying to find new people to teach. However we haven't really had much success. It's frustrating but we're working through it. President Anderson is coming out with a new program that has already brought a lot of success. I'm exciting to learn about it and to apply it into the work. We've been trying this week to work with the members. It's so much more effective when we work with members. It's slow but we're doing our best.
You had some questions about the man that joined the church. We met him about 5 weeks ago when he walked into church. He said that he's been looking for the true church and decided to come that day. We set appointments but we didn't end up teaching him for about 2 weeks. Ever since then it's just been super fast. He's a great guy.

This past week we visited with a recent convert in the YSA branch, but since the missionaries for that branch are sisters we stop by occasionally to see how he's doing. He's been having doubts lately because nothing really is going well for him in his life and he's been doubting if the church is true. The morning before we talked to him I said a prayer that I would have the opportunity to strengthen my testimony. 
He asked me, "If you had 2 minutes before the world ended and you could bear your testimony, what would you say?" I just went for it. It seemed like I just opened my mouth and the words came out. It was one of the most powerful testimonies that I've ever given. It was a very spiritual experience for me and I could tell he felt the spirit. It was a wonderful experience. 
Another time this week when we were visiting with a member he told us, "whenever you missionaries I feel more peace than any other time or with any other people." It was such a cool experience. I can't really describe what it felt like but it really felt like I was a tool in the Lord's hand. 
I know that this church is true and that being a missionary is a wonderful opportunity. Even though we have difficult days, we are able to feel the spirit and the direction from the Lord if we're doing all that we can to do the work. I love you all so much!
-Elder David Fullmer
(Sorry that this letter's a little weird, I'm not feeling very well and the words just aren't coming to me. I tried to put pictures onto the email but the file's too big and won't attach... I'm sure there's a way but I'm not really sure how... I love you. Please keep me in your prayers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment